The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Take you 1G NT to the track?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLUEBLOTCH

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 30, 2004
Amarillo, Texas
Anyone take there take 1G NT to the track, I went for the first time tonight. Basically stock. I was the only import car there and was the SLOWEST there to with my fastest time of 18.0950 @ 77.44 my best reaction was .0369 Still had a blast, I started concentrating on beating myself. :thumb:

I modded my 93 N/T out down to 16 flat @ around 83mph if I remember correctly. Basically decked head, no balance shafts, true cold air intake, ported stock exhaust manifold and a few other cheap goodies.

Wow that was so long ago. Long live the turbo.

I took my laser out to the track on friday its only an 1/8 mile but my best time was a 10.37 with horrible traction im hoping to get some slicks and hit the 9s. my friend running about the same as me "less hp" put slicks on and hit 9.5 so im on the look out for slicks. :laser:

I actually saw a 1.8 5 speed eclipse run a low really low 16 at maple grove (pa) about a year ago. he was about 4 races after a 2g tsi with a fmic that bogged off the line and ran a high 17 ROFL ROFL

hmm i think ill do better then low 16's maybe mid 15's or low. with a 1.8 turbo? what do you think? run anywher from 5 to 8psi cooullld hit 10 but i need fuel upgrade :p

the 1.8 i saw had only a custom cold air intake and exhaust. Not sure what else he had done, by I saw the engine of the car and it was definitly a non turbo 1.8. so with a turbo 1.8, should get out of the 16's for sure.

HighPsi92GST said:
the 1.8 i saw had only a custom cold air intake and exhaust. Not sure what else he had done, by I saw the engine of the car and it was definitly a non turbo 1.8. so with a turbo 1.8, should get out of the 16's for sure.

There definately had to be ALOT more done, I raced a 1.8 and easily took him by about 2 cars. :thumb:

BLUEBLOTCH said:
There definately had to be ALOT more done, I raced a 1.8 and easily took him by about 2 cars. :thumb:

yeah except that if the 1.8 and the tsi that ran a few car before him ran together, the 1.8 would have beat the tsi by a car length at least. so thats not saying much.

I saw a 1.8 run mid 15s at around 10psi. His car was also completely gutted and he was a decent driver. Im not sure what the rest of his setup consisted of though.

My dream is to have my car done in time to run it at the DSM Shootout at Norwalk in August. For now though, I'm just aiming to get it done in time to drive it back to school in September. If I do get it to the shootout, I have no idea what it would run. I still need to put everything back together and tune it up. So much to do and so little time to do it. :notgood:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back