The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tail light conversion kits?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamism

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2003
Sacto, California
Just saw a pic of a Eclipse w/ a Supra taillight conversion kit. Nice as hell. Anyone know where you can get these from?

you have to buy the supra taillights and get them custom molded to the ass of ur car

any idea about how much that will cost? they look hella nice.

LOL, It's hilarious that people actually think they can just go out and buy a "kit" to do conversions. There's a reason you don't see every rice burner on the block with conversions. All the labor, custom fabrication, AND real supra tails could easily cost in excess of $1k.

oh well.. just found a set for 175 on ebay.

im 10 hours into changing the tailights on my truck from stock to supras and they arent even close to done yet lots of sanding and prep work left

Wouldn't it be kinda easy to make a mold out of the stock taillights, then go from there for mounting them? THe wiring I can see to be a pita, because the turnsignals are in the brakes lights as well...

i'm really considering getting a tail light conversion. just saw an eclipse w/ rx-7 tails.. man. i wasn't really feeling the eclipse taillights anyways. anyone know how much it'd cost to get it molded and all that stuff?

Originally posted by adamism
anyone know how much it'd cost to get it molded and all that stuff?

Did you not read my previous post:confused:

i know there are pics of a bluish purple 2g with the supra tails molded into the stock tail lights and i think it looks really good. Not AS clean as the tails molded into the body, but way cheaper and same effect basically... once i start into my body shop classes next fall, im gonna try to do a conversion of the tail lights one way or another

I saw one Eclipse with Supra conversion on www.cardomain.com
long time ago and I looked perfect... It wasn't anything compared to this one though!

Also, I've seen on ebay a 1G DSM for sale (while ago) with the same Supra tailights conversio... It Looked Nice!

But anyways, No more conversion for me LOL... Eclipse Tails are good enough :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back