The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECUflash Tactrix on a 99 Eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grod77

Probationary Member
Aug 3, 2022
Des Plaines, Illinois
Hey y’all, so I have a 99 eclipse with a black box ecu, and had some questions of if I could use the Tactrix cable to flash tune it. I’m currently on stock fuel system and stock turbo but wanted to upgrade both. I know you need to get a tune to be able to run both upgrades without your engine exploding. My question was if I flash tuned it with Tactrix, would that work?

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for filling out your profile.

Not that we mind answering questions that have been asked before, but it burns out the members on here to recreate the information that has been so detailed on previous threads. Use the Search bar at the top and enter your key words. On this topic alone, you will have a couple hours of reading to teach you how you can flash tune your black box ECU.

You'll need a Tactrix 2.0 cable and the ECUFlash program. EvoScan is a nice program to have to see where your current tune is at.

ECUFlash does not have a friendly GUI, so expect a flood of responses telling you to change ECU's and convert to ECMLink because it is easier to understand. ECUFlash will do almost anything you will need, but it will take time to learn.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back