The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Tach and diagnostic port stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LV-DSM

Supporting VIP
Oct 6, 2002
Easton, Pennsylvania
I recently took my dash apart to clear out a dozen or so dead mice from my blower basket. Since putting everything back together, my diagnostic port, tach, temp and gas gauge have all stopped working. Blower isn't working either. The oil light is now stuck on as well. I've checked tach and data outputs on the ecu and everything reads correct. Is there a ground a forgot to connect? I can't figure out what ties all of these things together. Any recommendations?

Mice (and rats) chew on wires. I would almost bet they had a nibble somewhere. Maybe a power wire (they seem attracted to them for some reason) or a ground or more than one. They got under the hood of my #'s Matching 1987 IROC Convertible and chewed up 6 wires that I have FOUND so far but it killed the car until I find them all and repair them. Its a bummer. Hope that isn't your issue......

Check to make sure you have good connections at the junction block in the driver-side kick panel, particularly the 18-pin C-45 Instrument Panel Wiring Harness and Junction Block Combination, 8-pin C-54 Body Wiring Harness and Junction Block Combination, and D-05 and D-06 the connections for the gauge cluster.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back