The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

ECMlink Tablet for DSMLink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LETTI GVR4

Probationary Member
May 24, 2011
Metairie, Louisiana
Does anyone know if there is a tablet that can run Dsm link? My understanding is that third party apps can't be used.

Not sure if it helps but i use my little acer netbook exclusively for logging. Its tiny, lightweight and has decnt bat power. AFAIK, i dont think theres a cable or more imortantly, a driver, that would make link funtion on a tablet. It would be a custom written code to make it work. But, if you used a keyboard attachment like on my nexus 7, you might be able to find something. The biggest hangup in compatibility would be the touchscreen i would think.

My guess would be that it probably wouldn't work. Idk how you would be able to get the software onto the tablet and if you did i don't think most tablets use the correct operating system to run link. You could look into something like the hp elitebook. Like a laptop and tablet in one, just a thought.

i haven't heard of it yet. the guy at bestbuys said it wasn't possible yet. he did say the new windows 8 laptop with the flip screen might be able to run it.

You can buy a tablet that has a 32-bit processor or 64-bit processor running Windows 7 or Windows 8. However, these are more expensive than the ARM processing tablets and are usually a little more thicker than the thin tablets you see on the market now. They usually come with a USB drive which you would be able to use with ECMLink.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215612

That link for the one you had may work (I wasn't able to see the specs)

**Yes the one that you saw would work from Amazon (it looks a little ghetto to me). If you are going to spend that much money, why dont' you try a new touch screen laptop?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+EN...9218&st=Cyber_Sale_Computers_100928&cp=1&lp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently bought a windows surface pro exclusively to run DSM link in the car. Works great but it cost an arm and a leg. According to the guy at best buy its the only tablet available that can run any windows program you want. I actually downloaded the dsmlink software right off there site.

Very interesting subject! I wonder how long it's going to take for someone to figure out this? I bet it will be soon. I'll better wait.

Windows slate tablet like the doctors use with the stylus touchscreen and all.Just bought one downloaded and ran Ecmlink good,but went and bought a little Samsung laptop w a sshd better to keep in the car.

The only reason I'm saying that is because I just got one of those new acer touchscreen laptops with windows 8 and I F$&@)(ing hate it. The hardware is good but the new software it's trash. I don't want to run something as important and delicate like ecmlink in such a cheap OS like windows 8. But thanks for your input snowborder, I'll keep looking for another tablet besides my nexus 7.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back