The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

t3/t4-what fuel management system to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsed20

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 11, 2003
racine_wi
I am having a 1g motor fully built for a 2g (bored,crankshafts,head work,rods etc) and I have the t3/t4 turbo with .60 trim and 720cc densos. I currently have the s-afc and I just bought the new Greddy profec e-01 boost controller. I dont know what fuel manage system to go with-some people say use my safc, some say use dsm link, some say use the emanage(it works with my profec e without a laptop) but I just dont know what to do! Any suggestion? What would be the best option and why. (do I have to go standalone?)

By the way my profile isnt up to date so dont refrence it please.

There is no one best option for anyone otherwise everyone would be running it. You would be fine with any of the above you mentioned, each has their own pro's and con's over the others. Read up some on each of them and Im sure you can make a good guess on what youll be best with.

either keep the afc, or if you don't want to go full stand alone and want more tuning, then go emanage. you already got the e-01. that's the combo i plan on running.

PLEASE remember my name if you find out that dsmlink is not the best way to go....i have a smaller turbo and i will have smaller injectors but if there is a better control system for about the same cost i need to know before the middle of next month...i will PM you...anyone else that reads this please comment on dsmlink and its tuning capacity VS others of the same cost..

THANKS!!

and yes Larry I read your post...from what ive heard dsmlink is the best bet that i have...but i am open to suggestion and comments...

Originally posted by draculia
either keep the afc, or if you don't want to go full stand alone and want more tuning, then go emanage. you already got the e-01. that's the combo i plan on running.

I was reading on the emanage and it only has adjustable air fuel up to 20% and the safc has up to 50%, I dont understand how the emanage is more tuneable?

The e-manage has injector drivers in it you do not need to fool the ECU for more fuel. Also you can add 2 more sub injectors.

he said he was building a 1g motor , i didnt think DSMLINK made SOFTWARE FOR my 91, and if you have the e-01 get the emanage they make you buy a bunch of sensors to get it all to work but , all in all a great program. and it looks sweet...

Originally posted by eclipsed20

I was reading on the emanage and it only has adjustable air fuel up to 20% and the safc has up to 50%, I dont understand how the emanage is more tuneable?

that's without the software or profec e. with the software and harnesses you have 16 x16 fuel and ignition tables to play with. plenty of other things too. the profec e can fully tune the emanage, and don't need a laptop. i don't have a laptop or a use for one, so i can justify spending 500 for the profec e.

But he was putting it in a 2G. They do make DSMLink for a 2G.

Brad

Originally posted by ineedapaintjob
he said he was building a 1g motor , i didnt think DSMLINK made SOFTWARE FOR my 91, and if you have the e-01 get the emanage they make you buy a bunch of sensors to get it all to work but , all in all a great program. and it looks sweet...

Originally posted by larryd
There is no one best option for anyone otherwise everyone would be running it. You would be fine with any of the above you mentioned, each has their own pro's and con's over the others. Read up some on each of them and Im sure you can make a good guess on what youll be best with.

You are giving people too much credit. Even if there was a best option, people would still not always use it. Some of them because they are misinformed, some because they "want to be different", and some because they are just idiots.

In this case, with the person having a 95 with the EPROM ecu already, seriously consider DSMLink, as it will replace your AFC, and will mean you dont need to buy a seperate logger, so it would run just a little more than the cost of those two items, but work infinitely better. It really is simple to install, and get to working well, while still retaining good streetability. It will handle your level of modification no problem.

The emanage would be nice because it works with the boost controller, but you still would be trying to work around the limits in the stock ECU that DSMLink removes.

AEM EMS is good, but just takes more setup time and costs a good bit more. It will ultimately give you more control over stuff. But tuning it to be as smooth as the stock ECU on the street is more complicated than it looks.

But all of this stuff has been pretty well discussed on here before. Check the archives. Or just take my word and buy DSMLink ;)

Brad

Originally posted by GalantVR41062
AEM EMS looks promising and the end all solution for the dsm.
From what I've been told the EMS is very hard to tune. A guy from the Mach V board has one. He said they had the guy from AEM out several times tring to get his car tuned and I don't think it is tuned really good yet. He has acess to a dyno so he has spent alot of time on it. He also said if he didn't have the resources that he does he would have driven it off a cliff by now. Just something to keep in mind before you get in over your head.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back