The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

t3/t4 question???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fwdeclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 17, 2005
salt lake city, Utah
I just picked up a turbo from a local performance shop and I wanna know exactly what i have.It has a .60a/r compressor and a .68a/r on the turbine side.I will take some pictures of it and maybe that will help.

It came off of one the sts turbo kits that was on a tundra.Im sure it cant be smaller than a 50trim.The turbine wheel looks huge.Any help would be appreciated,I already have a manifold,wastegate and everything else to install it I just wanna make sure it will work ok before I take the evo3 off.THanks guys.:thumb:

Measure the inducer and exducer of the wheels. That is the only way to know what turbo you have. If it's .68 on the turbine it's most likely a T4 and not a T3/T4

What do I use to measure the wheels with.Thanks for the reply.

Ok i got a micrometer and was going to measure the wheels.How do I measure the inducer and exducer.Im not sure what the difference is.

Thanks alot for the help.I will post what I find hopefully someone can tell me how big my turbo is.:thumb:

OK I got the measurements for the comp wheel they are as follows inducer-2.285" and exducer is-2.950". Im having trouble getting my turbine housing off but will continue to work at it.Thanks guys let me know if you can tell me anything by this info.

I tried to measure the turbine inducer and it was 2.555 but I cant get the caliper deep enough in there to check it.Heres a few pics of it to help

Attachments

• DSCF2188.jpg
    DSCF2188.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF2190.jpg
    DSCF2190.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 158
fwdeclipse said:
OK I got the measurements for the comp wheel they are as follows inducer-2.285" and exducer is-2.950". Im having trouble getting my turbine housing off but will continue to work at it.Thanks guys let me know if you can tell me anything by this info.

Sounds like a T04E 60 trim 58mm compressor wheel. I'm not sure how you measured the turbine inducer if you couldn't get the housing off, but assuming you mean exducer it's probably a 76 trim "P trim" wheel.

Steve93Talon said:
Sounds like a T04E 60 trim 58mm compressor wheel. I'm not sure how you measured the turbine inducer if you couldn't get the housing off, but assuming you mean exducer it's probably a 76 trim "P trim" wheel.
He measured the compressor wheel, he can't get the turbine housing off to measure the turbine wheel.

Steve93Talon said:

I tried to just reach in deep enough with the caliper and that is pretty much a guess.This turbo came off of a sts turbo kit from a tundra so its kind of rusted on the turbine housing.So the to4e cover the same that comes on all the 50 trims and such.If I have 650cc injectors how much bigger will I have to go to run this turbo at 20psi.I did mean exducer thanks for catching that.

Steve93Talon said:
Sounds like a T04E 60 trim 58mm compressor wheel.

Good call. I agree. That wheel is 2.29" / 2.95".

So it has the 60-trim compressor wheel, but some sort of larger turbine wheel. I'm going to have to agree with you again about the P-trim. Good job :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back