The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

T3 .85ar vs Vband .82ar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1cleangsx

Proven Member
Sep 28, 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
This is just a fun “which housing do you prefer, and why” thread. And YES, I hope Justin will chime in with his opinion LOL, I’m already decided on the turbo I’d like to run, which is the XONA 82-69s, but I’ve yet to buy the turbo, or manifold, the T3 set up is slightly cheaper, but the V band set up is nice and compact, and the TIAL housing is rather beautiful, I’m just curious what you guys like and why, I’m still open to purchase either, and I appreciate any input:dsm:

Bolts stretch, nuts loosening, and gaskets blowing vs... oh look it just works forever and ever and ever and ever and.... It really is a no brainer all things considered.

V-band is indeed fantastic for installation simplicity and weight reduction, although I'm not sure how those housing area/radius specs directly compare. We ran a .82 v-band on a HX40 for a minute and it seemed to reach max turbine flow a little prematurely compared to T3 offerings of the same a/r. Wasn't night-and-day, but it didn't seem to work as well as I thought it would.

Thanks Justin! As far as turbine flow, I’m sold on the 69s, I don’t want to run anything bigger than a 64mm compressor in my full weight, uncaged street car, however living at 6000ft above sea level, as @biglady112 would say, everything up here has to be pushed twice as hard to make even “close” to what similar set ups make at sea level. I saw a dyno graph on a subie forum with an overlay comparing a 7864s to an 8269s, with 100whp more and zero lag over the 62mm, despite the bigger turbine wheel, I know their 2 different motors, but the split blade design and “less inertia” seems to be a thing. Anyways I’m favoring the 8269s over the 8264s for a greater choke flow potential at a higher DA when maxed out, and I assume you guys have seen the 1100whp TRC evo on the 9569s which looks stupid, again I know that’s at sea level but I think these new Xona’s are somewhat Under rated and I’m a BIG fan of that 69s turbine wheel, especially in a compact V band housing:hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back