The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

T3 5 bolt Outlet Gaskets???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich_Howell

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 10, 2009
South Bay Area, California
I have a T3 .63 5bolt turbine housing...and I'm using an external WG (recirculated) off of the o2 housing. It's custom machined for an HX35.

I need a gasket that is going to withstand a lot of abuse, so I'm searching for either stainless steel embossed OR copper gasket for this THAT HAS A WASTEGATE HOLE.

I have searched ev-uh-ry-where. Cannot find one for the life of me. The only ones I've found are the cheap perforated metal sandwich kind and they blow out quicker than anything. I'm super sick of dealing with exhaust leaks and boost control issues.

I can't be the only person in this situation. HELPPPPP!

I have also contemplated making my own copper sealing rings for both Turbine Outlet and WG inlet holes...similar to the o-rings used between head/block. Anyone who has info on making these; please let me know. I may also just purchse a flat copper gasket and mill-out the wastegate hole myself. If I must.

Any advice, strategies, links to pertinent info is/are welcome.

No, unfortunately. I mean the typical 5bolt Garrett outlet.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I need this...but made from a material that doesn't suck.

I'm going to have a small Veteran-owned business start making these in copper.

They're having some CAD programmer issues at the moment, so I'll be ordering 2 blank gaskets, modifying both of them...installing one and sending the other back to him to copy.

Hopefully we'll have a readily-available solution soon. I guess DSM guys are the only ones that use external WGs off the o2 housing instead of directly off of the manifold runner. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The o2 housing I'm using was part of an AMS T3 Super60 kit that I had modified to recirc instead of DTA...but AMS is too busy with high-end cars nowadays.

Nobody uses the 5 bolt housing anymore. Everything is either 4 bolt or vband.
Well...I do. I had to have the turbine housing machined out for an HX35 so I didn't have to replace the entire hotside setup on the car. Bought it with a 50trim in it.

Just coat it in copper spray. It should be fine.
Seeing as how it pushes enough heat to melt things and blow-out the sandwich gaskets...I'm trying to find a decently robust solution. I don't think just spraying with copper spray will be THAT robust.

I'm going to be sanding every flange completely flat though. I'm sick of dealing with this.

I'm going to have a small Veteran-owned business start making these in copper.

They're having some CAD programmer issues at the moment, so I'll be ordering 2 blank gaskets, modifying both of them...installing one and sending the other back to him to copy.

if your gonna have to do that, just buy a copper one and drill the hole for the wastegate,

I guess DSM guys are the only ones that use external WGs off the o2 housing instead of directly off of the manifold runner.
does anything besides mitsubishi even use an o2 housing?

if your gonna have to do that, just buy a copper one and drill the hole for the wastegate,

does anything besides mitsubishi even use an o2 housing?
Yeah, drilling my own hole is the plan. I'm going to send a 2nd one back to the guy so he can modify his drawings to include the proper hole if anyone needs one like that...or if I ever need another.

A little work now; less work later.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back