The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

T28 tubular manifolds

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4BangR-x

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 12, 2005
Sandwich, Illinois
Hey guys im looking for a tubular manifold for the t28. Id needs to have a external wastegate mount. Whats your favorite brands?

Are you trying to set a T-28 record? I don't think you'd notice that big of gains from a tubular on a t-28.

But anyways, probably any mitsu-flanged tubular would work if you were going to keep it for a larger turbo down the road.

4BangR-x said:
Hey guys im looking for a tubular manifold for the t28. Id needs to have a external wastegate mount. Whats your favorite brands?

It needs to have an external wastegate?! Its hardly bigger than your t25, I suggest you do your research.

I did do my research, all i was asking what are your favorite brands.

And by the way its not bigger than a t25.

t28 is bigger ... probably should do some more research

4BangR-x said:
And by the way its not bigger than a t25.

Yes it is. One of the options that I was looking at (but didn't go with) was upgrading my t-25 to a t-28. They use the same housings and stuff, but the t-28 has a bigger wheel.

4bang, like other have stated, the T28 does not need a tubular mani but if your going for it, AWESOME. I run a T28 with a 2g mani ported by FP, and am quite suprised at this little guy. pulls good and I have seet some pretty good times/ speeds with it, (12.8@111 at 4200ft elevation on the stock motor/ TB/ manifolds / suspension ect).

Now I am going to ask a few Q's please do not get upset but I am just making sure you know what you are getting into.

The T28 is modified T25 which already incorperates a internal gate. FP sells a 17PSI acuator which works nicely. To put a external wastegate on the mani with this guy you will have to have the flapper door welded shut. and even using a external WG the boost will still probally fall off. And why are you wanting to run a tubular mani? The T28 uses a mitsu ex housing so later if you decide to go bigger and more efficant, lets say a full garret T3 or T4 you will have to buy another tubular mani which is going to be costly.

Now to answer you question. DNP performance have had good resuslts with several cars in the area when it comes to cracking, and quality. So I am going to recommend DNP to you. They have several verisons from mitsu, T3, T4 with or without wastegate options. Site can be found here: http://www.dnperformance.com/eclipse.html

But take into concideration other things, such as cost, 600-1000 just for the manifold. Then the wastegate 240-380 depending on size ect. Then @50 for labor to have a welder modify the turbo. You will also need a boost controller. Looking at your profile your car is very lightly modded, so you SOON be needing a Fuel Pump, injectors, something to tune with (since your 95 I would recommend DSMlink). you need to get rid of the stock leaking BOV, and while at it upgrade the IC piping. so this is going to be a costly adventure. Make sure you plan it out before jumping in head first.

Again the above is just as a word of caution, it is not ment to intimadate or belittle you. Happy modding and boosting. The T28 is a fun turbo.

I don't recommend a tubular manifold on a daily driver. You are better off buying the SBR manifold with the 38mm flange.

If you still want one, I'd go with this one. It is $1000-$1100 (depending on where you buy it). It is on the DNP link above.

FYI - This pic is exactly how it would look bolted on to a T28.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

spoolup said:
4bang, like other have stated, the T28 does not need a tubular mani but if your going for it, AWESOME. I run a T28 with a 2g mani ported by FP, and am quite suprised at this little guy. pulls good and I have seet some pretty good times/ speeds with it, (12.8@111 at 4200ft elevation on the stock motor/ TB/ manifolds / suspension ect).

Now I am going to ask a few Q's please do not get upset but I am just making sure you know what you are getting into.

The T28 is modified T25 which already incorperates a internal gate. FP sells a 17PSI acuator which works nicely. To put a external wastegate on the mani with this guy you will have to have the flapper door welded shut. and even using a external WG the boost will still probally fall off. And why are you wanting to run a tubular mani? The T28 uses a mitsu ex housing so later if you decide to go bigger and more efficant, lets say a full garret T3 or T4 you will have to buy another tubular mani which is going to be costly.

Now to answer you question. DNP performance have had good resuslts with several cars in the area when it comes to cracking, and quality. So I am going to recommend DNP to you. They have several verisons from mitsu, T3, T4 with or without wastegate options. Site can be found here: http://www.dnperformance.com/eclipse.html

But take into concideration other things, such as cost, 600-1000 just for the manifold. Then the wastegate 240-380 depending on size ect. Then @50 for labor to have a welder modify the turbo. You will also need a boost controller. Looking at your profile your car is very lightly modded, so you SOON be needing a Fuel Pump, injectors, something to tune with (since your 95 I would recommend DSMlink). you need to get rid of the stock leaking BOV, and while at it upgrade the IC piping. so this is going to be a costly adventure. Make sure you plan it out before jumping in head first.

Again the above is just as a word of caution, it is not ment to intimadate or belittle you. Happy modding and boosting. The T28 is a fun turbo.

Very well said spool up. :thumb:

I will also back up what he said about DNPs tublar manifold. I've had it on my car for about 2 years now, and I don't have one single crack. However, I will also say that if I knew then what I know now I would have the stock ex. mani. The numbers that many have been able to pull (hp and 1/4) wise are unreal.

spoolup said:
I run a T28 with a 2g mani ported by FP, and am quite suprised at this little guy. .

Forced Performance makes some incredible parts. I've used some of there stuff in the past, and I was never let down.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back