The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

T-28 in 2 weeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBgst

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 25, 2002
LouisianaUS
well it's done I finally ordered a new turbo. I got the big t-28 and will be hear in 2 weeks. I wanted the L2R but I didn't have enough money because I needed alot of supporting mods. This what I ordered t-28, walb. 255 high pressure, Auto Meter egt, ACT 2600, S-AFC, RC 550's, and an SX adj. fpr/w gauge. So what do you guys think did I miss anything else that i might need. I already have evo o2/w full 3in exhaust, Aero Speed filter/w adapter, Turbo XS mbc, Buchsur uicp/w 1st gen BOV, Auto Meter Boost gauge, free mods, Solid motor mounts( I filled them with 3m window weld), and ported exhaust mani I think that's it. An intercooler is my next mod but that will have to wait a few months. Did i miss anything or should this do for now (I'll only be 18psi) Geez man my mod list is turning into a book.:D

yeah, you missed out how your going to control fuel. You may or may not have probelms with fuel cutting ...i know you will for sure once you add a FMIC. You'll like the Big28, it's a great turbo, but I found that I wanted more power ...i've been bitten by the bug

I don't have my full #'s to back up this turbo, but I guarantee I was making 300 to the ground on pump gas. I dyno'd 250 on 15lbs pre dejon intake, injector's/fuel control, testpipe and FMIC. I never made it to the 1/4 mi, but at the 1/8, I was trapping around 79-81mph on 18lbs and pump gas. Only problem I see with this turbo is that you'll be spinning tires off the line in a GS-T :) but it has nice top end power, even without cams, and pulls till redline.

LOL, whatever, I don't understand why people go flaming when they don't know what they are talking about. Just because Larry only dyno'd this, doesn't mean my car doesn't make that power. I think Larry's dyno was messed up because he didn't get any torque readings if I recall right. That's the problem with board's like this. And NO, Larry D didn't have more mod's than I did when he dyno'd ..he does not, so get your stuff straight ...I've talked to Larry privately a few times via emails and at the time, we were pretty much identical, except for the name brand of our mod's. I don't even know why I bother trying to help some times when people start flaming on :(

I forgot to mention that if I had a scanner, i would show you my timeslip in which I went 9.2 in the 1/8@80 mph. I think at the time Larry's best was 9.1@84 or so. Mine was with a 2.2 60ft vs his 2.3 I think. Larry's car had that power to i'm sure, as I told him.

hey man seriously i wasn't flaming, it is just that people don't understand how hard it is to make 300 whp on pump with the smaller turbos and not alot of mods. i was seriously congradulating you. i never meant to flame or start troube i am seriously courious.
Bryan

not sure if this is relevent but a buddy of mine (feature car on DSMSTYLE.com) has the small T28 and ran a best 12.2 @ 112 on race gas. Very close to hitting 11s on it and i think still has the fastest time on the small T28.

he had the following

1G BOV and UICP
Greddy Small FMIC and all IC piping
no balance shafts
full 2.5 inch exhaust
k&n
SAFC
adjustable shocks
fuel pump
550s
and i think that is about it.

car was fast as hell so with the right set up and a strong running car low 12s or high 11s are very possible on the T28s

Yes, its hard, but it can be done with the proper tuning and right setup. Sorry to get off topic, the turbo that he is getting is definately a winner imo...plus it looks stock :) I'm sorry, but I take offense when stuff is said about MY car's performance. I just noticed that I had a typo in my first post, I meant to say that he now has more mod's than I have in that he has a built bottem end w/ cams's. I think half the problem with is that people just havn't been to they dyno or track much with this turbo like me. I just don't like abusing my clutch then have to toe it back 40 miles home. I will take the Green out to the 1/4 though shortly :)

I'm going to control feul with the AFC that I ordered. Also I will definitly be taking my car to the track and I will be working on my set up for traction so i'll let you guys know what happens. I'm shooting for low 13's and high 12's I know it won't be easy and some drag radials are the future to hrlp me achieve this goal and heh if it doesn't work I'll just get a bigger turbo later but for now I'll try to push this one.

Hrm, your going to need some cam's to even come close to high 12's imo. Also, i don't know if I would be putting on drag radials without a quaiffe lsd. You might break something :(. You'll have the power of a high 12 sec, low 13 sec car from a roll, but not at the track imo. Then again, I never did take my car to the 1/4 mi and turn up the boost past 18lbs at the track on race gas. I just think your going to have to cut a a good light and good 60 ft time. I'm sure it can be done ... I just wanted more power on pump gas from a roll to be these juiced up F Bodies we have here. Good Luck in your quest.

ok ... cams for high 12s? Why?

when you get the tubro and everything dialed in just tune it on race gace and get some slicks. If you get that "hook up" then you can be in the low 12s. Sh*t i was in the low 13s with no fuel management whatso ever on the stock T25 with my GSX. I don't know why a Big T28 with FWD can't break 12s with ease.

Sometime there is just too much though put inot a setup. Keep it simple and learn how your car reacts. And with that being said don't take what I say seriously as it is my opinion... YOu car will have its own opinion with any mod :D

I didn't say that it couldn't be done, I just said it was hard to do for a FWD car and I guess i should have said that having cam's would make it alot easier to accomplish. I have no doubt the turbo has 12's in it.

If not a 12 on the track then from a roll will work to because there are quite a few people rolling around that i'd like to show not to dought DSM's. My town must be DSM stupid or something because I'm one of the few rolling around. Everyone thinks Hondas are so fast but the funny thing is I haven't been beat by one yet but they still don't understand. Yea Hondas can be fast but for about triple the cost of a DSM. I raced a Civc the other day he just spent 3k on a JDM engine swap and has every other bolt on you can think of (N/A no nitrous) and he talked alot of sh!t and i still pulled quite a few car links on him( to many to count ) and he didn't know what to think. He said he would come back when had mor mods but the next time we meet it won't be pretty and I'll still have about half of the money he has in his car in mine. Oh well if they don't understand it's there loss not mine.

first off congrats on the new purchase.. i guess there back order is over since your getting it in only 2 weeks..

next.. Violater 101.. I agree with you that I think I was making more power then the 270 at the wheels the dyno stated.. becuz the car was all over the place on the dyno and ofcourse the people running the dyno were idiots.. this was all completely untuned.. I know when I ran my 9.1 I was definitely making more cuz I was on 116 octane fuel :)

DSMSTYLE.. easy fwd and 12s doesnt belong in the same sentence without the word NOT.. the Big28 doesnt have the top end pull that you need to make up for the loss of traction to get a FWD into the 12s.. slicks and LSD should do it though but thats not really a street setup.

Yeah I agree with the whole FWD issue but as far as street / track setup are they really ever the same? Most people I think tear the car down or have differant sets of tires for the track.

It can go either way I guess, but yeah.... with FWD traction is the key.

That's what I plan on doing is having a different set of tires for the track. Whether it will be slicks or drag radials is another question. I would like to get lsd but my fmic is next but after that it's a good possibility. I want to run 12's someday but for now break into 13's will definitly be nice. Oh scareing the hel! out of the mustangs and camreos will be a hoot to. Even if I don't win I'll have them sweaten at the end stock Mustangs will be toast though. What ever I run I know it will be fun.

Originally posted by CARL BARROW
That's what I plan on doing is having a different set of tires for the track. Whether it will be slicks or drag radials is another question. I would like to get lsd but my fmic is next but after that it's a good possibility. I want to run 12's someday but for now break into 13's will definitly be nice. Oh scareing the hel! out of the mustangs and camreos will be a hoot to. Even if I don't win I'll have them sweaten at the end stock Mustangs will be toast though. What ever I run I know it will be fun.
I run drag radials on mine, although I don't launch from a dead stop, because I'm more of a street racer guy than a drag strip racer guy, I can tell you that when I hit 2nd gear now with my Big28 at 17 to 18psi it doesn't spin 25ft like it did when I had my dunlop sp 8000's on. It only spins about 10ft now. LOL

I'm more of a street racer to but we usally meet some where then go out to the spot( it changes to where ever there is know traffic) but we still start from a dead stop. But either way if I just go easy on first gear the drag radials should help alot. Don't get me wrong I like the track to but I don't get to go that often. I got another kill today it was supercharged Civic Si on the interstate. I heard the supercharger whining when he blew by and I had to catch up to see what he had. I thought he might beat me but from 60 we both dropped it down and I steadily pulled away from him then my exit came so it was pretty quick. If only I would of had my turbo today.

Originally posted by CARL BARROW
I'm more of a street racer to but we usally meet some where then go out to the spot( it changes to where ever there is know traffic) but we still start from a dead stop. But either way if I just go easy on first gear the drag radials should help alot. Don't get me wrong I like the track to but I don't get to go that often. I got another kill today it was supercharged Civic Si on the interstate. I heard the supercharger whining when he blew by and I had to catch up to see what he had. I thought he might beat me but from 60 we both dropped it down and I steadily pulled away from him then my exit came so it was pretty quick. If only I would of had my turbo today.
Well I'm kind of a loner since I'm a little more older than most, I'm 33 years old, so theres not to many guys my age where I live at that are into turbo charged cars and fixing them up, there all into small blocks and big blocks, so usually when I encounter a race it's just when I'm out minding my own business and cruising around, and it's usually from a roll 3/4 of the time. Don't get me wong though, I do get into a stop light confrontation here and there though. As for the Drag radials, you have to be very careful with them, I sometimes get wheel hop like crazy. By the way Nice kill on the civic. It's been nice talking to you Carl. I'm glad there is going to be someone else now with the Big28 to compare notes with now. Talk to ya later, and good luck on the install. Peace!!

just to update you speedy, i have pretty much the same mods as you and i ran a 14.80@98mph last week at 15psi. also it was about 96 degress and the humidity was horrible, damn louisiana weather.

sounds like my car is weak compared to yours.

Not really my best was 14.53 at 96mph it was pretty hot but i don't know the exact temp but my last 2 trips to track got me 14.6's to 14.8's so your close. What 60' times are you running and where are you from

best 60ft ever was when my car was bone stock, i had a 2.05, but now that i upgraded almost everything and was only able to make 2 passes, i was running mid 2.4's in the 60ft :(.

I've got some adjustable shocks now and lowering springs so that should help out alot.

also i picked up the boost to 18psi on one run and i got fuel cut at the 1/8mile, and i just coasted to the end and still ran a 14.83 so that would have been a great pass. From what i can tell the BIG28 likes high boost.

btw, i'm from eunice but work in westlake

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back