The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Syncros?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InferiorWang

20+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2002
Nashville/Knoxville, Tennessee
What do I need to do and how much will it cost to take care of bad syncros? I've heard that sometimes a certain tranny fluid would help. I am looking at buying a DSM and the guy tells me that the syncros are bad but very drivable. Will it cause any problems for someone who is still learning to drive a stick? I don't wanna tear something apart and have to shell out big bucks to fix it. It also has a ACT 2100 clutch in it if it makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

You have to replace bad synro's. It isn't that difficult and parts alone are about $300. It will make it more difficult to drive it won't want to go into 2nd or 1st and will start popping out of reverse. You can drive it for a bit like that if you are nice to it, but the sooner you fix it the less parts you have to replace.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back