The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Switching Shift Knobs(Automatic)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perkins9250

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2009
Eaton, Colorado
I want to know how easy it is to switch from the automatic shift knob in my Eclipse to a new one that you would pick up at a local Autozone, or Checkers.

Will everything still function as an Automatic shift knob.

Good point..

Like Defiant said..Your overdrive switch will need to be re mounted, and re wired to a comfortable position..

I don't think there is a power economy switch on 2g automatics..I'm pretty sure that's a 1g thing only..

I did mine in my GS like 8 years ago so I did it a little different. Basically I took a tubing cutter and chopped the stalk down to like 2" inches then I got a piece of 3/8" threaded rod and attached my knob to that. I just dropped the rod and knob down in the hole and it fit very snug. Then I got a shift boot and zip tied it to the knob With the boot inside out. After that you can fold the boot over and attach it to the base plate.

The way it worked is you would push downward to act as the releasing mechanism then pull back till you stop. That was DRIVE. Then you would have to push down again to get it into 2nd or first.

I relocated the overdrive switch.

Attachments

• 05-13-08_0828.jpg
    05-13-08_0828.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 152
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back