The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Sweetest exhuast I've ever seen!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need a before and after dyno of one of those electronic BOV simulators :thumb:
I mean, you never know you may gain 20-30 hp, right?

oh man my gut HURTS !!!!! ROTLFLMO!!!! you guys are FUNNY! all this over a muffler design...... if it works great! if not then hell.... he learned something . good lord!

JP

CRIPES!!!! Is this a witch hunt or what? Burn him at the stake they all say?!?

Again the aged unsaid rule: How dare anyone do something 'different'.

50% of performance engineering is improving reliability and reducing failure points.

Sure, do something different, but be smart about it.

This design (component choices aside), is anything but smart.

Hal

Morphius said:
CRIPES!!!! Is this a witch hunt or what? Burn him at the stake they all say?!?

Again the aged unsaid rule: How dare anyone do something 'different'.
Why do ya'll have to hold each other's cocks on here? Is this a car forum for discussion or is it just a place to post your car pics and have everyone jack you off about it? I mean, if you guys can't handle a keyboard warrior's criticism, how do you even deal with real life rejections? We're simply stating our opinions based on other people's accomplishments. I mean, next time just start the thread title as "ONLY POST GOOD COMMENTS ABOUT MY SETUP SO I CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT DOING STUPID SH!T"

Whoever said that log style manifolds were junk needs to just sit in the corner. Using a log style manifold bolted to a large turbo, such as the GT32, will greatly help with spool up time that on a tubular manifold. Another reason is because they are more reliable, more streetable. He said clearly that it is a street car. Makes perfect sense to me!

FYI, A LOT of supra owners use log style manifolds while running their PT67's + sized turbos because they help with spool up time, and are more streetable, and less prone to cracking and falling apart over the years.

That exhaust design is thought out and well done IMO.

But hey, since I am a member of DSMtuners.com, i might as well say.

"All you need is a 50 trim and a 3 inch turboback!"

Props on the exhaust, nice welds and well thought out design.

So how many of you "Master Tuners" even have semi-fast dsm's..As in 11's and under? Or making 400 + WHP...LOL...I just made myself laugh!

I think you mixed up cast manifold with log manifold. There is not ONE good thing about a log manifold, not one thing!!! They do the opposite of everything you just stated, how could somebody be so wrong.

You want to see a nice cast exhaust manifold. Look at one of those Turbonetics T3/T4 DSM style manifolds. Beautiful cast round runners and a merged collector cone design that is close to ideal. Nice straight shot right into the turbo with no cylinders facing into each other. Its as close to a tubular manifold as you can get with better heat retention too. Why does everybody want to be so different.

you need to do a little reading sir if you think log manifolds offer better spool up. why dont drag cars use these super awesome log manifolds if they help spool and are so much better? because you totally have everything you said.... backwards.

ok first off dont have to worry about a turbo now because i got a tsi that im dropping an evo 3 motor into so u can shut ur pie hole on that..number 2 u guys say that this setup sux....well if it dynos with a hp gain...that says it all...then u cant say the setup is bad...and if you do then uve been hit with the complete retard stick when u were younger...the mirages setup wont have to worry about heat because it runs right out of the drivers side...the other one with the wrapping and proper shields wont make alot more heat in the engine bay at least not to the point where dammage is a concern....so to that glue sniffing special olympic champion that decides to crack on me for being supportive of these guys.

why dont you just stop posting and making everyone feel dumber. The exhaust isnt a good design, end of story. i didnt say itll lose hp, or wont gain any. but either way it is a poor, stupid design. relocating the alternator and going out the driverside would be 100% smarter if u want to impress your friends with the cool 'drag' look. :thumbdown

eclpsegsx12 said:
So how many of you "Master Tuners" even have semi-fast dsm's..As in 11's and under? Or making 400 + WHP...LOL...I just made myself laugh!

since when is that semi-fast??? What planet are you from? It takes a lot of knowledge and money to make a car even run low twelves. SLAP YOURSELF.

lewroe59WHAT FOCKIN JOKERS. Why dont you read the original post to figure it out geniouses.[/QUOTE said:
Actually I was talking about the pic that Hal posted...should have made that more clear i guess. But then again I'm no "genious"....or did you mean genius? If you did then you may know the "dsm genius" that made the header that Hal posted?

FUNNY HOW U DIDNT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT CALLING YOU OUT WITH AN EVO 3 or EVO 6 (i havent decided which one i wanna put in yet and not 100% sure if the evo 6 can go in)...second off most people modify dsms for PERFORMANCE REASONS not bling bling u want bling bling get an escalade or rice out a civic...dsms are for performance...thats the only aspect of this setup that i am looking at granted it looks nice and probably sounds real nice but i care about performance so do most of the people on this site....so like ill say for the last time then im out cause im tired of dealing with the idiots on this forum...one of you guys that have the setup...get dyno slips just for my curiosity, oh and some audio clips i wanna hear what it sounds like.

anconover said:
did you notice how all the people that like it say 'i think its pretty cool' and 'it looks sick'. And all the people that are bashing it are giving reasons for doing so? Because its a bad idea. Not only will you probly melt the radiator hose, and blow up your freakin radiator, but its going to make no more power than a 3" turboback would because you probly wont exceed the limit of a 3" system. The weight.... big deal you saved a few lbs to kill you paint on the hood, radiator etc. Where does the radiator fan and intake pipe go? Run on open turbo and youll be sure to suck in lots of hot air. Some people can think 'that shits sick son' but its just not practical, or smart in anyway.

Ahh I see, you need to read every other post as well. You will see that some very well versed people are making quite lengthy and accurate posts that support the idea of what would more accurately be described as "super high flow exhaust."

However to those who say "backpreasure is always bad" obviously hasnt tuned out a hemi, or a SBC for that matter. All us Tennesseeans :D run our cars with no exhaust on it just to see what will happen when ever we make an exhaust mod. which usually gets hacked off after we get tired of the muffler. !BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! :p

98spyderboost said:
However to those who say "backpreasure is always bad" obviously hasnt tuned out a hemi, or a SBC for that matter.
Those who say "backpressure isn't always bad" are confusing backpressure with exhaust velocity. Or they're just plain stupid.

FUNNY HOW U DIDNT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT CALLING YOU OUT WITH AN EVO 3 or EVO 6 (i havent decided which one i wanna put in yet and not 100% sure if the evo 6 can go in)...second off most people modify dsms for PERFORMANCE REASONS not bling bling u want bling bling get an escalade or rice out a civic...dsms are for performance...thats the only aspect of this setup that i am looking at granted it looks nice and probably sounds real nice but i care about performance so do most of the people on this site....so like ill say for the last time then im out cause im tired of dealing with the idiots on this forum...one of you guys that have the setup...get dyno slips just for my curiosity, oh and some audio clips i wanna hear what it sounds like.

To eclpsegsx12: I noticed you have a nice mod list, I was hoping you could help me out.
eclpsegsx12's Profile said:
90 ext. oil cooler, SBR FMIC, Slimline 12 " fans, Greddy Kevler Timing Belt, Forrester Intake Manifold, 780 cc injectors, DSMLINK V2, Battery in trunk, AGP T3/T4 50 trim kit with .63 AR , walbro 255 lph fuel pump, Dejon 3 inch VPC intake, AEM EMS running speed density, 3 bar map, AIT sensor, Tial BOV, Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate, SFP Exhaust Manifold, Apexi N1 full exhaust, Innovate Motorsports Wideband o2, Autometer EGT, boost, A/f guages, greddy TT, Southbend 6 puck feramic disc with 2200
I was wondering how you wire up a DSMLink 2 and an AEM? Is that how you break into the 11's and make over 400whp?

I've got a friend with an 850whp Supra, 76mm turbo, AEM, etc. He's on an equal length header. THEORETICALLY, equal length sacrifices spoolup for top end power. I have yet to see any proof of this. IF log manifolds did offer better spool up, they wouldn't make up for the power gained in the big end by a tubular if you were making huge power. Obviously, for the majority of people on b16g's and 50 trims, they would never know the difference either way, as they are not nearly approaching the limits of either.

To 98spyderboost: You are confusing backpressure with exhaust velocity or the scavenging effect. Do some research mang, big difference. Backpressure = the lose.

defrag010 said:
someone with an engineering degree who has not seen, nor even Heard of the muffler doesn't magically know everything about it. I'm not on here claiming these things are gold, but they are certainly not the crap you guys are portraying them to be. Like I said, I'm gonna go with what I've seen with my own eyes vs. what some "engineer" (no offense) on the internet tells me how he thinks it won't work. There is only so much technicality you can apply to a car motor. I'd have more bias towards someone who is familiar with fluid dynamics in an exhaust debate, rather than just basic ol' engineering. The big thing, though, is How do you Know that they are lying on their dyno sheet? I'm not saying it's true, but you seem to think it's set in stone that they are fake. Maybe they shut down at 5k for a reason. I've seen worse. Remember, you haven't even heard of this muffler before today. Neither has anyone else. I've dealt with them in person. You, nor anyone else on here haven't. I don't care what engineer says what about it, you Can't form an unbiased opinion on something without having dealt with it in person. I think that topic has been highlighted numerous times in this thread.

pboglio: I didn't think compression and rarefaction waves had an affect on scavenging when they are After the turbine wheel. Pulse tuning at the merge collector is all true like you said, but pulse tuning after the turbine and in the manifold before the merge collector doesn't seem like it would relate. Like I said, I have no clue how it affects the pulse of the exhaust system, but I have seen official documents that show that it has better pressure drop than straight through piping of the same diameter .

Hal: I know the tubular manifold will flow better, but that's not what we're debating on. We're talking about the "crap" AT mufflers and how they are a "gimmick". I realize that lewis's log manifold isnt the most efficient thing ever, but the same manifold has produced 600something whp like he mentioned earlier.

i know the dyno graphs on the aero-turbine website are fake because the torque and horsepower curves don't cross at 5250 rpm. since horsepower is just a function of torque and rpm, the two curves always cross at 5250 rpm.

also, it's funny you say the muffler is proven to have less pressure drop than a straight through pipe. that might be a good thing if we were discussing intercoolers. the best exhaust for a route that short would be the biggest megaphone or straight pipe you can fit on it. you want the HIGHEST pressure drop you can get after the turbine. the larger the pressure differential, the faster the gas moves.

sorry, but that muffler is junk. turbulence in the exhaust pipe a jet engine does not make.

40oz said:
i know the dyno graphs on the aero-turbine website are fake because the torque and horsepower curves don't cross at 5250 rpm. since horsepower is just a function of torque and rpm, the two curves always cross at 5250 rpm.

also, it's funny you say the muffler is proven to have less pressure drop than a straight through pipe. that might be a good thing if we were discussing intercoolers. the best exhaust for a route that short would be the biggest megaphone or straight pipe you can fit on it. you want the HIGHEST pressure drop you can get after the turbine. the larger the pressure differential, the faster the gas moves.

sorry, but that muffler is junk. turbulence in the exhaust pipe a jet engine does not make.

All very good points. Less pressure drop would equal more pressure, or in this case, back pressure, costing the engine power. Also, good eye on the dyno sheet, I didn't notice that :D

So the set-up is crap...(at least thats the poll winner on here) But is the muffler itself crap or does anyone no if it does what there website says. Its hard to imagine huge gains but maybe 5 to 10 hp (10 pushin it) If it is a great muffler for flow when teamed up with a 3 inch exhaust system then is it a good buy? Say compared to an N1 or whatever.
No heated debates on mufflers either :rolleyes:

This thread is a complete waste of f'ing time....Although I must say it was very entertaining to read through. LOL

Bailzz said:
So the set-up is crap...(at least thats the poll winner on here) But is the muffler itself crap or does anyone no if it does what there website says. Its hard to imagine huge gains but maybe 5 to 10 hp (10 pushin it) If it is a great muffler for flow when teamed up with a 3 inch exhaust system then is it a good buy? Say compared to an N1 or whatever.
No heated debates on mufflers either :rolleyes:

on a full 3" exhaust with a straight through 3" muffler, you'd be lucky to get 5 to 10 honest horsepower from cutting the muffler off completely. these things are a complete gimmick and i'm positive they won't do anything good for your exhaust.

i'm still awestruck by the claim that they were responsible for a 50hp increase on an ls1 vette. open long tube headers won't even give you that. all i can say is, with the power numbers these things are supposedly putting out, watch out for all the pro stock/top fuel guys to be running these next year. :rolleyes:

BodyRage85 said:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is the above quote for real?! Please somebody tell me "bodyrage85"( :rolleyes: ) doesn't embody the rest of America's youth. WTF?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back