The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

swapping my new trans into my 90 problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

636chris

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
philadelphia, Pennsylvania
i know that this has been covered before i have a 90 awd and im putting a new trans in my car which has the different shift lever (the one with the drift pin) and im having a hell of a time getting the drift pin out of either trans . is there any other tricks to removing the pin? i dont currently have an air hammer .

to add to my above statement . swapping the stuff off the 90 trans to the the other trans is the correct way to do this swap if im mistaken please shed some light

You will not be removing the drift pin unless you have a serious air hammer and good air hammer bits, a good sledge, and roll pin punches. When you end up getting it out, you would have likely damaged the shift lever assembly anyways.

What year is the replacement transmission? Model number and VIN will help.

its a 22 spline vr4 trans with the longer shift arm . was rebuilt prior to me buying it

worse case im looking at a 91 and up shifter Assembly and cables correct ? there's a non turbo in the junk yard i could surely hack up for more parts

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back