The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Swapping Eclipse GS from 420A to 4G63T engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95dsmtsi

Probationary Member
Jul 14, 2007
victoria, B.C._Canada
hi I'm looking to get a 96 eclipse GS with 420a engine. Can I swap it to 4G63T engine. if i can, there is any big problems that I will face. Thanks for the help DSMrs

Yes.... but it would cost about as much as a GSX if you were to buy one, and it would really decrease the value of the car. Don't do it, it would be better to turbo the 420a then to swap motors, and I wouldn't do that either.

You're going to be wasting A LOT of time and money if you try to do the swap. Those that have done the swap, can't get the car to run correctly. Now, depending on your goals, will determine which car is right for you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back