The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Swapping 6 bolt into my 2G body

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTB89

Probationary Member
Jun 5, 2013
Brunswick, Ohio
So I have a 1990 TSI AWD that is rusting out bad. I would like to swap all the parts into my 2G talon. Is this possible? Will the 1G drivetrain work in the 2G body?

Ok thank you. Not exactly new to the dsm, but ive only worked on my 1g til now. What about the ECU? use the 1G or do i have to go with the dsm link ive been hearing about?

When you perform a 6 bolt swap into a 2G, you keep the 2G ECU but depending on the year you may or may not have to reverse the firing order. Also you must wire in the 1G CAS to take the place of the Crank Angle Sensor and Cam Angle Sensor on the original 2G setup. There are other tiny differences and things between them such as grind the ear off of the front engine mount, which pulleys you use, etc.

RRE Instructions

http://magnusmotorsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/1gina2g.pdf

As far as link is concerned - Link is simply a Tuning Solution that can make the swap a little easier with dialing things in via tune wise and inverting the CAS signal. It's a pretty nifty piggyback system and is quite handy as well as user friendly. Tune, check DTCs, setup anti-lag, etc. All in one package.

And a quick read on tuning solutions.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/articles-tuning-ecu/406033-tuning-solutions-you.html

OK so whats the deal with the dsm link?

It's a tuning and datalogging software. Good user support, easy to use. One copy of Link per car.

I have a flashable ECU found in 98-99 cars in my 95 eclipse with a 6 bolt engine. I use the Ceddymods, ECUFlash, EVOScan, and a Tactrix cable for tuning. It's a bit cheaper, not as much user support, not as user friendly but still not too hard once you get the hang of it, and you can use the cable & software to tune as many cars as you want.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back