The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

swaping 90 shifter bracket to 91

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

96Formula6spd

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2009
Greenville, South_Carolina
Hey guys I am needing some help. I got a 90 trans for my 91 gsx. Anyways I am swapping the output shaft. I am also looking to swapping the shifter brackets to use the 91 shifter cables. I am looking at the bracket at the front of the transmission. Do I need to change the bracket that goes into the trans. If so is it just the 2 bolts and it slides out,or is something else holding them in.

You swap out the bracket that holds up the shift cables on top on the tranny. 2 12mm bolts and thats it. The 91 bracket it skinny and the 90 is fatter.

You swap out the bracket that holds up the shift cables on top on the tranny. 2 12mm bolts and thats it. The 91 bracket it skinny and the 90 is fatter.

Yeah i know about that bracket. I am wondering about the one the cables sit on. That actually move it into the gears. I am going to grab a picture.

K I know i have to change the bracket in red. But do I have to change the one in blue. Its different on the 90 trans. Seems to be a lot shorter. This is my 91 transmission.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back