The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garrek11

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2009
Spokane, Washington
ok so the people who owned the car before me had lowering springs and cut those springs to make it ride like crap. then the struts when to crap. so now i bought all new struts and original springs however when i got the old struts off the back and compared them to the new ones the new ones where 3inch too big it seemed so we put them on just to see and the car is riding like a monster truck in the back. we havent put the front ones on yet. Help?

which ones did you get? and if they chopped the old ones and you have the new ones on only the back then yes it will look odd, also are the new ones coil overs? have you tried lowering them and stiffening the suspension? pics and specifics would help...

no they cut all the springs i just put new stock springs and struts on the back. its just when we took the old struts off the back and compared them to the new ones the new ones were 3inch longer? could that make a difference

i got struts from napa then a called around to get measurements to make sure they are right and everyone has the same size.

I wouldn't. I would suggest waiting for someone else with a better answer to reply as I am either misunderstanding or just stumped... It sounds like the person who had the car before you is a real idiot. Springs and cutting are not two words I like to put together... that would be for the Hondas.

ya i guess well hopefully someone else replies ### i dont know whats going on it doesnt make sense.

Sounds like NAPA gave you the wrong springs. And do not cut your springs, it will void the warranty from NAPA, I would just return them.

you have to compress the spring ,to put it on the STRUT/SHOCK.

also you said the OLD spring's were cut..And the shocks were NO GOOD.

So the new ones WILL be bigger....Because the old stuff was worn out.

also what brand are the SHOCKS/STRUTS. and are they OEM replacements ?.

And are the new springs OEM. or aftermarket ?.

you have to compress the spring ,to put it on the STRUT/SHOCK.

also you said the OLD spring's were cut..And the shocks were NO GOOD.

So the new ones WILL be bigger....Because the old stuff was worn out.

also what brand are the SHOCKS/STRUTS. and are they OEM replacements ?.

And are the new springs OEM. or aftermarket ?.

+1 I put on KYB shocks and Eibach Pro-Kits and there is quite a difference.

I have the KYB AGX and the Eibach Pro kit. They are simply amazing!

You cant compress the back ones thou. the front looks fine but i had to put back on the cut springs on the back to make the car look original hieght

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back