The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

suspension setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

350war

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 27, 2009
south bend, Indiana
I have eibach ground control adjustable springs w/kyb adjustable struts. My question is how can I set the car so the suspension is neutral (what I want is a good starting point)? I know the proper way would be to weigh the corners and set accordingly but I do not have access to scales to do this. Is it possible to measure the distance from the fender lip to the edge of the rim and make them equal? The car is driven on the street. If there is a link on this subject please post it. I just need pointed in the right direction. Thanks

I have eibach ground control adjustable springs w/kyb adjustable struts. My question is how can I set the car so the suspension is neutral (what I want is a good starting point)? I know the proper way would be to weigh the corners and set accordingly but I do not have access to scales to do this. Is it possible to measure the distance from the fender lip to the edge of the rim and make them equal? The car is driven on the street. If there is a link on this subject please post it. I just need pointed in the right direction. Thanks

Call around and find out what local shops offer corner weighing with an alignment. It will definitely cost more but it can be done.

Is it possible to measure the distance from the fender lip to the edge of the rim and make them equal?
That's what I did on my car. It seems like it worked just fine.

If you really want to corner weigh it, hit up the closest pavement circle track and make friends with one of the larger teams and I garuntee they will have a set of scales. Offer them $40 to use them. :thumb: You could also try any local speedshop that sells circle track parts. They should know somebody that has a set that they will let you use.

I dont live to far from the Tire Rack (only a couple of miles) they might possibly have scale I didnt think of that until 99GST said something. I'm going to try the tapemeasure first funds are a little tight right now. Hopefully that will get me by. Any other tips or things I should look for while doing this? Thanks for the replies.

When I installed mine, I did some measuring and set up each side to match the opposite side before installing them on the car. That got me extremely close by itself. :thumb:

PS - The last time I was at the South Bend Tirerack, I didn't see any scales, but it would still be worth a call/visit just to be sure.

Talk to your local autocrossers, someone will likely have scales or know where to use them inexpensively.

A guy around me will let you use his scales for 2 hours for $45 so I expect that corner weighting should be too excessively expensive.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back