The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

suspension question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808_SpyderGST

20+ Year Contributor
Jun 18, 2002
Miami, Florida
I recently installed the eibach pro kit for my spyder since eibach is the ONLY comapny i oucld find that made springs specifically for the spyder. However i love absolutely love the handling but its not low enough for me. I would really rather sacrafice ride quality and have a lower ride so can anybody suggest anything ANYTHING!! from new spings to mods for the eibachs... thanks

Or call ground control and see if they make any coil-overs for a spyder.

Later,

Sportlines drop too much to retain suspension travel unless you have really good roads in your area. Also, they are not adjustable, just like the Pro-Kits. They aren't sprung too stiff, but the rest of the suspension has to be built around the drop.

Originally posted by MuttedTSiAWD
Or call ground control and see if they make any coil-overs for a spyder.

Later,

No see there were limited production of spyder GSt's and NOBODY makes a spring specifically for the spyder Gst, there not a high market of GSt owners who wanna drop there rides. Some springs from the AWD and FWD will fit but they sink or sag because of the wieght distrubution in the spyder GST... Besides I keep hearing ground controls are HORRIBLE , alot of people say they ride like Shyt, what do you think?????

Originally posted by 808_SpyderGST

No see there were limited production of spyder GSt's and NOBODY makes a spring specifically for the spyder Gst, there not a high market of GSt owners who wanna drop there rides. Some springs from the AWD and FWD will fit but they sink or sag because of the wieght distrubution in the spyder GST... Besides I keep hearing ground controls are HORRIBLE , alot of people say they ride like Shyt, what do you think?????

I have ground control and koni's on my 98 GST and love it! I haven't seen anyone on here saying that ground control ride like shyt! Where did you hear this from? I've heard that those cheap coil-over kits ride like shyt.... but what do you expect for cheap parts!

Originally posted by johnfsmith

I have ground control and koni's on my 98 GST and love it! I haven't seen anyone on here saying that ground control ride like shyt! Where did you hear this from? I've heard that those cheap coil-over kits ride like shyt.... but what do you expect for cheap parts!

ya i noticed on DSM tuners everyone seems to love their ground controls but at almost any shop i talk to they say they have a bad ride i dont know i've already been screwed once with the eibach pro kit i;m trying to get all the advice and input i can before i buy my new suspension, thanx yo!

A bad ride is not a problem with the coilovers. Its a problem with the shocks. Your springs/coilovers only control weight transfer. Shock absorbition and spring dampening is controlled by...well... "THE SHOCKS" hence the name.

If you have a sh!tty ride, then look to upgrade your shocks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back