The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G SURVEY: commercially available 2g manual steering rack, Yes, No?

If there were a commerically availabe 2g manual rack would you buy one

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabenne

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 21, 2006
Racine, Wisconsin
Doing a poll for my design project... a nice chart to show that im not the only guy interested in this....

Attachments

• rack hidden line.png
    rack hidden line.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 99
Its already offered by a guy in another group, its ment to be a very good rack and better then oem manual ratio, faster too, and it has to compete with cost as he does it for $80! Now thats a good deal, its also the service im going for since its not as stiff as a true manual rack.

So what would make your racks better or different, we are not allowed to discuss pricing due to you not being a freelancer or vendor. Untill then keep that info to PM's or become a freelancer to discuss more.

This is just a design project for school. VERY unlikely to actually be produced. I just have to take the report seriously and wanted quantified data showing this could be a viable product...

No idea what hes doing for $80 but I would love to find out... if you have a link please forward to me! thanks!

So you send them a core and they will convert it for $80?
Yup. He's basically doing a pro miata mod. Completely disassembles, welds fittings shut, welds pinion shaft, removes all seals, packs with grease, cleans, paints, preloads. He's done quite a few. I'm grabbing a rack from either a nt eclipse or Sebring this week for $30 from the junkyard since this is for my DD. Message him on FB and he'll give you the details.
I plan on doing a review as soon as I get it and install in a couple weeks.

Thanks ec17pse

I was just about to post this in the thread but i was a little worried i would be jacking it too much so i was just doing it through PM, guess its done now so, glad i can help you all out,

$80 for free mods and some paint? ill do it for that!!! wow!

this would be a properly geared rack and pinion meeting and exceeding all required design standards for sales in the US.

but again, im not going to make these... just a school project.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back