The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Surreal Feeling

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiousECLIPSE

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2004
Mankato-Area, Minnesota
Okay. My sister just IMed me and was like "Call dad and have him call me on my cell. It's an emergency. I'm packing for Florida."

So I did. Then she's like "My uncle was killed. He was out hunting, I guess, and some kid found his body."

I asked whether he died or was killed. He was killed.

He's not my uncle since she's my half-sister, but still it's just weird.

sorry to hear about youre uncle bro... my thoughts are with you...

I know that feeling...I've lost 3 of my best friends in 2003, and a few years earlier one of my friend's mom committed suicide in his house. Its definately a shitty feeling. Mine hasn't really gone away ever since then, but it changes the way you look at things. I appreciate the time I spend with people alot more now.

Its never good to hear news like that, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Thats very odd. I meen its one thing to have a relative die, but to hear they've been shot while they were hunting...odd.

sorry for your loss, uncles rock:(
i have always wondered though...how are hunters mistaken for deer? its a big difference between deer and people, right???

i know the feeling....

i got a phone call one day from one of my DSM friends and he said "did you hear about the accident?" and i could tell he was really upset...

long story short my friend's ride home lost control of his 1993 freshly cycloned talon and got hit, killing one of my closest friends almost instantly from internal injuries.

5 weeks later i bought a dsm. i remember driving off the lot and thinking "my friend was just killed in one of these." and it was liek the weirdest feeling ever.

a little over a month ago i spun my car on the highway after someone came into my lane and i swirved onto the shoulder and caught some gravel and ended up over steering too much and 360d across all 3 lanes of the highway and into some reeds. i missed 2 cars in my little spin. i know my friend in heaven was looking out for me.....

sorry if this is too deep, and if it jacks your thread... just wanted to share the fact that i know the surreal feeling you are talking about all too well. it doesnt happen often to me, but when it does it like knocks you in the face. sorry for your loss.

Sorry, but I guess a lot of you didn't read the part that said she's my half-sister and he wasn't my uncle. He lived in Florida, I live in MN. So I didn't even know who he was, but it's just weird. I've never been somewhat connected to someone who's been killed before.

audiousECLIPSE said:
Sorry, but I guess a lot of you didn't read the part that said she's my half-sister and he wasn't my uncle. He lived in Florida, I live in MN. So I didn't even know who he was, but it's just weird. I've never been somewhat connected to someone who's been killed before.

i saw that part, and i know its still weird to be somewhat connected who died.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back