The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Supra Tail Light Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~laser_craver~

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 16, 2003
Montesano, Washington
ok i really like the way the 2gs look with the supra spoilers and was wondering if anyone has done it to a 1g? i want to see pics of one with it done to compare to the skyline tailight conversion so i can choose what one to do... also do any of you think it would be very hard? i wanna try to do most of it myself minus the paint and waht not to repaint the back of the car...

please dont come in here and tell me you think its tupid or dont like it or supra lights belong on a supra if you dont like it or dont care for it dont post! thankx

I have seen both, but do not have the pictures. Although I do not care for DSM taillight conversions at all, I must say the R33 Skyline conversion looks a hell of alot better then Poopra tails. If you must, do the R33.
And on the note of difficulty, how much experience do you have doing bodywork. If none at all, don't try it if you want it perfect. It is very time consuming.

Id say the skyline tails, they look better imo. It's a bit of work, but if you know your way around doing body work, you should be able to tackle it. I have never done a tail light conversion on a 1g, but have done work on another car. It takes alot of time but if done right, looks good.

Good luck

thankx for the help and not flaming the piss outta my thread :thumb:

Anybody have any pics of these?

I have a picture at home of a 1G with the R33 conversion. Too bad I'm at work now. I'll try to remember to post when I get home later. And yes, the R33 is actually a pretty clean looking conversion on the 1G, especially when compared to the Supra conversion.

WOW, that looks great. I've never liked any aftermarket light for the 1g's but the R33 lights look like they were meant to be there.

Man that looks mean but where could I find the lights to do it? and does anyone know of a pic of a supra taillight conversion because i can get those lights pretty easily.

here's another one... if you really want to do it, hope you like spending time and money!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

i dont like this but

Attachments

• 220129_4_full.jpg
    220129_4_full.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 963
igopoopy said:
and this is ok

that car makes me vomit a little....
I don't like the looks of the supra tails on the eclipse... doesn't do a thing for the car. :notgood:

that last one would be ok but there so many factors on top of the tails that make it jsut absolutely fugly...such as a widebody without rims to fill it, everything is molded, the vents on the rear 1/4's....just nasty.

i hate the dragon z back bumper its retarded.... but the supra light looked perdy good...

i dont like the reverse light under the brake light tho.... on the skyline lights

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back