The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Superchargers On Mitsubishis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephSMendez

Proven Member
Jan 3, 2021
Lyndhurst, New_Jersey
I know turbos can be done but what about Superchargers? Has anyone ever supercharged a Mitsubishi?

A few have but its not that simple. The evo that was built here with dual induction could only use 1 ecu and that ecu cost 6k and could run both.

Converting to SC only wouod be possible and likely less complicated but not sure why it wouod be done other then because they wish to be different! You would loose power and top end but gain everything in the lower end of the band.

Not something i would do unless it was an N/A to begin with. Alot of the honda guys do SC setups because its a bit cheaper and easier then turbo and alot less heat issues

Cool thanks bros. I still have not decided Turbo Charge or Supercharge I just want more power and the better reliability.

I would think that if someone were to SC a 4G, the torque at low rpms "may" be harder on the rods and rotating assembly than some of us boosting a lot. Not sure, haven't ever looked into it, but the fact that Bobby brings up as the power band would move down would be something to look at and check into. I'm sure I Beam rods and a really good crank would take it but IDK about stock rods or even H Beams.
Just my .02¢ :thumb:

I know that some subie guys do it to be different around here. That and the sound of a flat four with a screaming charger gets you alot of weird looks.

There are some Aussie supercharger companies that have been proven to be reliable on different makes including upgrading the stock Eaton supercharger that came on alot of different cars. Raptor superchargers come to mind.

Unless you get an Eaton or similar root supercharger they aren't cheap. Talking $4-7.5k for a solid setup. I would think centrifugal would be the way to go for a 4g63 since it builds boost similar to a turbo. Upgrading the crankshaft on that build would be a must I imagine.

All theoretical! One day I would like to play around with supercharger setups. But turbos are tried and true on our cars, so there is a wealth of information on them.

Not a DSM but there is a shop in Japan that owns a twin charged (turbo/supercharger) 2.3 stroker 4B11 EVO X.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Beautiful, I love seeing clean engine work. I wonder if they can help me on my build do you know the racer or shop name that can give me advice?

Beautiful, I love seeing clean engine work. I wonder if they can help me on my build do you know the racer or shop name that can give me advice?
G-Force. They are famous in Japan especially for EVOs.
http://www.gf-eng.co.jp
I doubt if you would receive a reply from them for your question about that EVO X's specific setup though. I believe they use that EVO for time attack in Tsukuba so... And also especially if you would write in English...

I know turbos can be done but what about Superchargers? Has anyone ever supercharged a Mitsubishi?

What car were you thinking about supercharging?
Can it be done? Absolutely! Lots of custom work of course. Is this on a N/A 1g or 2g? Or are you getting of your turbo and going Supercharged? Or are you going twin charged?
If it's N/A, you will be limited to a few psi, depending on the size and type of sc. Just like with any turbo, max psi that the NA pistons rods and rings can withstand will depend on the size of the turbo. Same thing.
If it's a turbo car that you are di-turboing, then you'll have plenty of engine strength to withstand the psi, just like turbos.

I have the V6 if anyone has experience with it let me know please considering dual superchargers or Turbo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back