The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

sumthing i didnt want to see while changing my sparkpulgs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

97eagletalonesi

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
moberly, Missouri
well i was changing my spark plugs and plug # 4 had oil covering it :notgood: . but plugs 1, 2, 3. were good to go. not smoking yet. is there a tech articule on chaning valve guide seal. whats all involed. gonna keep an eye on it. i would like to this myself. and learn sumthing about my car,

97eagletalonesi said:
well i was changing my spark plugs and plug # 4 had oil covering it :notgood: . but plugs 1, 2, 3. were good to go. not smoking yet. is there a tech articule on chaning valve guide seal. whats all involed. gonna keep an eye on it. i would like to this myself. and learn sumthing about my car,

did you ever think it could possibly be a spark plug tube seal? where on the plug is the oil?

go check out nappa or your nearest mitsu dealership. Get yourself a valve cover gasket kit. It should come with the spark plug rings to seal that problem. And any oil that comes around your valve cover.
ONce those are changed, your going to want to take out your plugs again and if there is still some oil, use your ratchet and a cloth to get all the way in there and clean it up. (make sure the spark plugs are out when you do this).
Same thing happend to my clipse, it just comes with the territory.

its normal, change the valve cover gasket and get some ngk sparkplugs with oem wires

esi-slowboy said:
Dont forget to use red RTV :talon: When u change ur gasket.

why red rtv? i used blue and it seemed to work ok. what's the difference?

timm98gst said:
why red rtv? i used blue and it seemed to work ok. what's the difference?

i used blue also, its whats recommended

this happened to me exactly as you stated like 3 weeks ago... i had oil filled up in my 4th chamber and a little in the 1st chamber so it was basically the spark plug seals so we just used a gasket sealant to seal the spark plug seals and we also sealed the head gasket so no more oil in my chambers and also no more oil staining the block ^__^
you'll probably also notice white smoke out of the exhaust as it is the engine burning out the excess oil thats left in the chamber that you couldn't clean out.

I also got my valve cover painted while i was at it
:D

All I see is snoop posting in every single thread for a mile ROFL

:: politely hands back the thread ::

SnoopySLR said:
hey.... I'm bored....and trying to be like Chris :thumb:

Ouch! ROFL we all get bored at times... i just do more then others LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back