The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Summer Time Fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widgmaster

Supporting VIP
Aug 24, 2018
Sarnia, ON_Canada
As you can see om my profile I have a 02 Dodge Dakota I call my Winter Beater ...
but I also use it to tow my 1977 Glastron Aqua Lift
It has a 4cyl inboard/outboard 140hp Mercury ... Don`t have a clue if it`s fast enough to pull some one on ski`s but i`m hoping .
I picked it up for a grand and re-upholstered a couple trucks seats for the guy . Runs great

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• Side View.jpg
    Side View.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 125
If you ever need engine parts, just ask for 1962-64 Chevy II (Nova) 4 cylinder parts at the parts store. I used to own a little 17' bow rider before I got my big twin engine Cobalt. Anytime I needed parts for tune up or whatever, just get them for the car I mentioned. They are very dependable little motors.
Nice score on the summer fun, our boat was named "Sun Queen" and was a great 1st boat. It will pull a skier, no problem, depending on what pitch the prop is. It should have an Alpha 1 Mercruiser outdrive. The prop will say something like 23p, 19p etc for the pitch. I ran a stainless "chopper" prop on mine and it helped it get out if the hole better.
I'm jealous. I don't have a boat anymore. Sire had tons of fun on the twin 350 chevy 1984 Cobalt CS23. She was aptly named "Chillin the Most". Lost her in the divorce :f-u:
Have fun, call me when we are going out!!! :sneaky:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. :)
Marty

Ps, you DID have water flowing thru the outdrive didn't you? I always carried an extra outdrive water pump impeller as they go bad if ran dry at any time.

Now you make me miss her....alot!

So...@1990TSIAWDTALOn ... I thought the Mercruiser was a ford motor but what the hell do I know. Yes I did have the muff on to run water through while test running . It does have the Alpha 1 with trim tab ..Don`t know what the prop is but it has a few nics in it so I will be replacing that . The interior is in good shape but faded so that will be done this winter by yours truly..Here is a pic of a boat I redid last year ..I built a wall in front of the motor then added a sun deck and the bench seat , up front I pull in swivel buckets seats. This boat is like mine but a little bigger.. Going to do some similar in mine if possible .

Ford motors tended to have Volvo Penta drives (they are grey and say Volvo Penta).
I worked at Cobalt for a while but was into boats before I ever worked there.
If your drive says Mercruiser, it is surely an Alpha1 being a small motor. Big motors used the Bravo drive. I'm pretty sure that is the same motor as a nova/chevy2. Idt fords ever ran a Rochester carb, they usually had a Ford Motorcraft carb.....usually. I can still be wrong so double check all that info.
I think you have my kind of boat now, small but can hold 4 and have fun on economically. The big boat always wanted 50 gallons of fuel.....whew.
The lower the # on the prop (17, 19), the lower the "rear gear" or pitch is. The larger the # (21,23) the less low end and more top speed if the motor will spin it, BTW.
https://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/size-doesnt-matter-the-tale-of-the-chevy-iinova-153-il-4-engine/

Last edited:
I went to my boat today .. Spent $159.00 on new LED lights. Tore all the old stuff off the trailer . Installed the new Led`s and guess what , they don`t work . In order for them to work I need to buy this little black box to change some thing in the wiring . They cost $25 each and I need one for each side.. I just used the wire from that kit and put my old lights back on.
SO.... @1990TSIAWDTALON ... while at the boat I got this number off the prop... 78-77 19p.... I assume this is a 19 pitch .

Yes sir, it is a 19 pitch. Geeat for pulling skiers and tubes. Not as much top speed but definitely FUN. You have a nice little boat. Does it need re-floored or is it solid? If not, just overlay it with Marine Plywood and start fresh!. Its heavy but is still worth it and did it to my little boat. I'm still Jelly....:D
If it wasn't so dam heavy and expansive to ship, I'd send ya one of my spare props. They are Choppers and get ya outta the hole AND still have more top speed since the motor will rev more.
Also.......you can swap a Chevy Straight 6 into it and have all the power that little boat wants :cool: :)

Thank you so much for the great information @1990TSIAWDTALON .. Like I said , my prop has a few nicks in it and I`m told this can cause a shake in the boat.. The floor is in great condition , solid with no soft spots . I will go to my local boat dealer and look into a Chopper prop .. If by chance your ever down my way ( Sarnia Ontario Canada ) make sure you hit me up . My boats is your boat.

One more thing. If you ever want to do more with that boat, it will run a Chevy 6 cylinder in place of the 4. Same outdrive and it all bolts up the same.
I ran a 21 pitch "cleaver" prop, stainless.
Thank you for the kind offer :thumb:
Marty

You Bet!!!!! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back