The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Suggestions on build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroked4G63

Probationary Member
Apr 27, 2005
San Diego, California
Ok gentelmen, my bearings well one rod and one main are eaten up. So I am going to do a rebuild (again) The motor is a 7bolt but currently has a stroker set up. I took the crank out and i had it polished...and is perfectly fine. it looks as though there wasnt enough oil getting down there. Any suggestions on how to make sure this doesnt happen again. I ported the oil relief port on the oil housing but i dont want to let the bearing wear occur this soon again (12k). I think my big mistake was running with high oil pressure and using federal mogul bearings (alluminum) so i am thinking if i go with acl trimetals and maybe plug the oil squirters then i should be fine. Any suggestions? Also i will be doccumenting the build for the forum!
:thumb:

I highly recommend, if you do not want anymore internal rotating problems, that you turn to:

www.overbore.com This place offers a 3 Year, 60,000 mile warranty.

Please......and thank me when I saved you thousands of $$$ in heartache and time.

I don't believe in aluminum bearings but you must have a pluged up oil gallery, or last time it was assembled there was some gunk in the oil hole. If you have fordged pistons then block off the squirters.

Yeah i spoke with the guy from overbore. I told him that my block was lin bored, each cyl was bored for each piston, rings gapped indivdually and the entire assy. was balanced. He asked if it cw and i replied no...it was within spec. I told him my crank was no marks and he basically replied with well the only thing i would do is have u ship the crank and he would nitride it and use his modified tri metal acl bearings. He claims he uses a thrust bearing from an entirely different car. As far as plugging the oil squirters i just might do that...I should have mentioned that i think the fron cover gasket blew and all the oil shot out. Hence me porting the oil relief. Well i am greatful for your advice, please keep it comming. Oh and my parts were machined by a shop here in san diego, my buddy who races the 5.0 302 blocks has been going to this guy for all his work. they did an excellent job, cost me an arm and a leg since shamu doesnt pay much (i work at sea world san diego). Thanks again...:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back