The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Suggestions for eagle/ross build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95burgundyesi

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 8, 2006
Rockford, Illinois
Well, only 6 more weeks till Spring, and its finally getting warm enough to want to sit out in the unheated garage. And I have been reading and reading and I this is what I've come up with. My current mods are up to date in profile, and the only change from mods to 1/4 mile time was addition of FP2 cams.

Idea: Running as much boost and timing until making out 52/lbs a min without knock. Reving to 8500 while hitting full +30psi below 4k. I don't know if I will be laughed at, but I think I will be able to have full boost from 3800-8500rpms with a good amount for timing from e85. Though the setup leans towards the drag strip set up, it is my goal to keep it completely fun to drive daily.

Bottom end
-Eagle H beam rod/Ross 9.0;1 compression with cryo treated rods,pistons,rings, and Tri metal ACL bearings. Stock crank. L19 headstuds.

Head
-Stock 1g head with fp2 cams and Manley single springs and retainers. Freshened up 3 angle grind and seats. FULLY functional cyclone intake manifold with quick deburing for free HP. FP manifold.

Fuel- Fuel lab FPR and 1600cc injectors.

Things I am not sure of yet...
Not sure if the OEM crank needs balancing?
What injectors are proven not to gum up. My PTE 1000s never did.
Are L19 headstuds overkill?
Will my felpro headgasket still be good enough, I won't be knocking.

I am not sure if I have over looked anything, please feel free to point out the obvious and I will read read read. Shooting for tens this year. Suspension and tires will be in anther thread in a few days :p

it would be wise to have the rotating assenbly balanced. it will just perform smoother....
when you have it balanced, take the crank, balancer, rods, pistons,rings, rod bearings,flywheel and clutch plate along with all the bolts

I have always put the bottom end together myself for three reasons, One I can do it and it feels good when you do it yourself, two it's cheaper, But three the machine shops here doesn't work on 4g63s. Would they be able to still balance it not having this? And how much is it to balance a entire rotating assembly?

I called my local machine shop for a balance and they gave me a price, but said they won't do it :idontknow:

Business must be that good to turn away customers with cash in hand.

I have always put the bottom end together myself for three reasons, One I can do it and it feels good when you do it yourself, two it's cheaper, But three the machine shops here doesn't work on 4g63s. Would they be able to still balance it not having this? And how much is it to balance a entire rotating assembly?

I called my local machine shop for a balance and they gave me a price, but said they won't do it :idontknow:

Business must be that good to turn away customers with cash in hand.

What shop did you talk to? Sterling engines should do it, but they are pricey. I'm taking mine up to pfiefers in freeport. They quoted me $100 to bore and hone .020" over, and $160 for a balance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back