The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

suggestions for 450hp+

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek2003

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2002
Greer, South_Carolina
i'll be getting a 2g talon TSI AWD or Eclipse GSX in a few months and i'm planning the parts and cost for my project. i'll be getting most of the parts from http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/index.html. i'm going to get teh FP Green turbo, Greddy FMIC, HKS Carbon TI or Dunk exhaust, with Apex'i S'AFC and Apex'i AVC R Boost controller. i'll be upgrading to the 255lph Walbro Fuel pump, with 750cc injectors, and new fuel rail. i'll also be getting the 2.2L JUN stroker kit. An ACT 2600 pressure plate clutch, short throw shifter, port/polished intake and exhaust manifolds. also planning on blueprinting the engine.

now, is there anything i'm missing to reach my goal of ~450hp+? i've got a feeling there is something.

any help is appreciated. thanks.

Shop around. I know of 2 stores already that have some 'competitive' pricing.

Originally posted by CBgst
just buy one that already makes 450hp.

i'll never do that. i want to know exactly whats in the car and everything about how it was installed. is there anything anyone can see that i'm missing from my list to make this possible?

you have a boost controller, big injectors, pump, but no fuel control, or timing control. You are missing a standalone, which is probably the best way to tune the other stuff you are listing. Also a 2.2 JUN stroker seems odd, everyone else seems to be doing the 2.4, probably for cheaper too.

But the first thing you are missing is a clearly defined goal. 450hp on what gas? Do you just care about some number? Or is it for drag racing, or street use, or what? You gotta figure all this out, then go back and read through the archives here, and you will see your questions have been answered.

Brad

Originally posted by Derek2003

i'll never do that. i want to know exactly whats in the car and everything about how it was installed. is there anything anyone can see that i'm missing from my list to make this possible?

well for what set up u are thinking of and the power u want it seems like u have losts of money. also it depends on do u want low et times or just some number on paper also what gas u going to be useing if ur lucky like me u could us 100 octane daily,

First set up pump gas
T/3t/4 50 or 57trim, stage3, .63a/r
tial 38 wg
Aem stand alone
720 injectors,
walbro 255 hp fuel pump
full 3'' exhaust
port and polish heads
magnus manifold
indy race core 2-216
bigger cams
and all the other good stuf that u should know

On race gas not good for daily driver
t/3t/4 60-1 trim stage 3 or 5 turbine .82 a/r
Fully built bottom end
Port and polish head
bigger cams,
Aem stand alone
magnus manifold with mustang tb 75mm
Indy race core 2-216
720 injectors
255 hp fuel pump
and a nice shot of nitrous

Or use the same things as i listed above and get a t4 turbo and the t4 manifold from turbotrix nice for drag

like i said its what u can afford and what ur going to be running on, but i would say with the first set up u will have enough power if u put some race gas in when u need it and maybe a little nitrous it will be just perfect u wont need more unless u wanna run with like papdikes and all them other pro race car drivers.

im sure alot of people know some more or even better set ups too this is just my set up i think will do good

thanks for the input. i forgot to tell ya what gas, around here i can 96 octane race gas at the pumps so thats what i'm planning on running. i don't have lots of money but this is my plan for a long term project car.

also, i'd like to be able to have the car street legal and without nitrous if i can. as for the 2.2 stroker, heres the link and thats what it says it is http://store.yahoo.com/sgpracing-store/9599eclipse.html.

well if u going to use 96 i would say go with the first set up i said u will be able to tear someones shit up if u want or just cruse around down everyday, its the set up im going with put im not goning stand alone im just using a safcII and 660 injectors

Originally posted by klipzedgsx
well if u going to use 96 i would say go with the first set up i said u will be able to tear someones shit up if u want or just cruse around down everyday, its the set up im going with put im not goning stand alone im just using a safcII and 660 injectors

i don't want to go stand alone so i was planning on the SAFC II. the first set up you posted looks good, i'm not 100% familiar with turbo's yet and i don't know what the trim of the FP Green is but i'm gonna try for that turbo.

thanks for all the advice guys.

well i would say for get the green it is a great turbo and it is a 50trim but once u get it ur stuck with the trim the turbin size and a/r if u go full garret like a kit from www.agpturbo.com with a t/3t/4 u could swap the sizes its like growing when i get bigger and u want more u could buy bigger or if u buy to big u could go smaller, all im saying is u will have full control over ur turbo with a garret system, if u had up the turbos, the agp kit is like 1700 for a manfild all the oil lines the gaskets and a o2 housing and 38tial waste gate, get the green turbo 1300 a waste gate another 400 and to port everything to match and new o2 its way more then the kit

so i got this all straight, you're saying that if i get the Green then there isn't much room to upgrade if i wanted or needed to but with the t3/t4 i could change the housing and turbine size if i wanted or needed to upgrade?

basically upgrading with the green is alot harder then with the garrett t3/t4.

yep and actually i dont even know if u could upgrade with the green also go compare how much u will spend to make the green run good like wg and porting and stuf like that its more then just a kit

Originally posted by klipzedgsx
yep and actually i dont even know if u could upgrade with the green also go compare how much u will spend to make the green run good like wg and porting and stuf like that its more then just a kit

i was looking into the green like i said and i think the turbo alone was 1425 w/o the wg and all that other good stuff. i've heard good things about the garrett t3/t4 though like how it reaches max boost at about 2800rpms or so and that would be great on the street.

3800 isn't bad. it must have been a different trim that people were getting the full boost at about 2800.

Half of that parts list is iffy.

First of all, with the knowledge you have, you will not be able to make 450 hp without taking thr car to a shop.

Second of all, use proven DSM parts, rather than all this expensive JDM crap. BR exhaust are proven. DSMLink is proven. Using a 2.0 liter 4G63 or a 2.4 liter 4G64 is proven, a JUN 2.2 stroker is not,

....Kyle T.

Originally posted by kpt4321
Half of that parts list is iffy.

First of all, with the knowledge you have, you will not be able to make 450 hp without taking thr car to a shop.

Second of all, use proven DSM parts, rather than all this expensive JDM crap. BR exhaust are proven. DSMLink is proven. Using a 2.0 liter 4G63 or a 2.4 liter 4G64 is proven, a JUN 2.2 stroker is not,

....Kyle T.

first off, this stuff isn't JDM, if it is then everything that is made for imports in general is JDM and thats just not true. i also understand that i'm going to have to take it to a shop to get it at its max output. i've never even heard of BR exhausts so to me they aren't proven. i know all the stuff i've put on my list is good for some big numbers cuz all the stuff is from "proven" names in the import tuning world. to sit there and tell me HKS, APEX'i, etc... isn't proven as a top brand is just ignorant.

first off, this stuff isn't JDM, if it is then everything that is made for imports in general is JDM and thats just not true. i also understand that i'm going to have to take it to a shop to get it at its max output. i've never even heard of BR exhausts so to me they aren't proven. i know all the stuff i've put on my list is good for some big numbers cuz all the stuff is from "proven" names in the import tuning world. to sit there and tell me HKS, APEX'i, etc... isn't proven as a top brand is just ignorant.

Zip up your flame suit buddy because from your post so far you have no idea whats going on. You need start doing some more research if your trying to make a 450hp DSM, dont know much about turbos, and dont know who buschur is...

i am researching this out, why else would i post something like this? its not going to be a hard as most people might think it'll be for me. i just don't appreciate when people see someone like me trying to reach a goal and try to get me away from my goal. i thank klipzedgsx for his help and eveyone else that is getting on my case can go f_ck em selves. what the hell does it matter if i don't know what Buscher is, i'm not putting any of their stuff onto my car so i don't see what that matters.

i am researching this out, why else would i post something like this? its not going to be a hard as most people might think it'll be for me. i just don't appreciate when people see someone like me trying to reach a goal and try to get me away from my goal. i thank klipzedgsx for his help and eveyone else that is getting on my case can go f_ck em selves. what the hell does it matter if i don't know what Buscher is, i'm not putting any of their stuff onto my car so i don't see what that matters.

Your right Buschur only has prob the fastest most powerful DSM in the world why would you wanna use them. I mean he has only been pretty much the leader in making DSMs fast over the past decade. I dunno why you would ever want his stuff when you can buy all those big brand names. :rolleyes:

thats the kinda shit i'm talking about. i'm getting flamed for not wanting to do the "cool" thing. its gonna be my damn car and what i put on is my damn business. if i wanted to use cardboard and tin foil i could. all i'm trying to say is don't try to get people to conform to your way of thinking.

thats the kinda shit i'm talking about. i'm getting flamed for not wanting to do the "cool" thing. its gonna be my damn car and what i put on is my damn business. if i wanted to use cardboard and tin foil i could. all i'm trying to say is don't try to get people to conform to your way of thinking.

Well first off smart guy you asked us what parts you need so if you dont like our advice then I dunno what to tell you other than your a fool. Your like that little kid that has to have the name brand shoes in school. Heres a news flash for you from a guy that OWNS a 450hp DSM. NAME BRANDS MEAN JACK in the world of DSMs. Brand Names ususally mean over priced and thats all. Greddy FMIC = crap compared to IRC or Buschur. Im look at the mod list on my car and I think HKS Cams and a Apex AFC II are about the only name brands on it. Your to thickheaded to listen to anyone I can see that already so Im going to stop wasting my breath.

ok, this is the last arguement reply from me. i never asked for advice. i gave a parts list and wanted to know if i was MISSING anything. i never once asked what do i need to make this all happen. so all i can say is thanks for trying to flame me on something i didn't even ask for.

Ok then, in that case, what you are MISSING in that list is a lot of experience building DSMs. Fortunately guys like buschur, and other DSM specific shops, have that experience. The big names in the import scene like HKS Greddy, Apexi etc, all make some decent products. But they also make some stuff that doesnt do squat for DSMs. These DSM specific shops can point you in the right direction. If you don't want DSM specific advice, go post this parts list on a Honda board. They will tell you all the stuff to get.

For example, the AFC-2 isnt the way to go for big power out of a 2G. There is a 2G DSM specific solution, thats much better. The 2.2 Jun stroker kit you listed, just for the kit(no assembly, machining, other parts), is going to have a price just about the same as a complete 2.4 block fully built up by someone who builds lots of DSM engines using parts that are tried and true in that application. Jun is cool for Hondas though from what I hear. Maybe you should build up a Honda instead, since you seem to have found a good honda shop.

Brad

ok, this is the last arguement reply from me. i never asked for advice. i gave a parts list and wanted to know if i was MISSING anything. i never once asked what do i need to make this all happen. so all i can say is thanks for trying to flame me on something i didn't even ask for.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back