The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Sufficient or restrictive? Ic, wg, etc (long post).. 600ish hp guys HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still tidying up my setup(e85 sensor and bigger cams) and still trying to get dyno time someplace...

Are you doing speed density with gm ethanol sensor? I'm looking to do the same thing... It will be awesome to be able to run e85 and pump 93 in the same tank without a new tune each time... Esp since there's only 2 or 3 e85 pumps within like 30ish miles of me LOL.

Btw. Don't get a China ebay sensor, their readings are way off. And the one from gmparts is only like 66$ so it's worth the extra 20ish$ to get a genuine part. That, or you can find a preferably low mileage gm flex fuel car from a yard and grab the sensor out if your lucky... Thats what I'm going to try first... Assuming junk yards around your way have late model vehicles that would have it.

and similar to what was used by buschur racing.

Is that how br does it? I thought they did it more like the other way. Maybe I'm thinking about a different company. This way def looks easier and more cost effective though and I guess it all does the same thing in the end right?

So basically what I'm trying to do is use what I have, turbo and manifold and w.g. and stuff, to get it running, and the parts I still have to buy make sure they're 600whp capable and then upgrade as I go.

So the main questions I'm trying to get answered is what size thickness intercooler I'm looking at the 10.5 ets race intercooler
http://www.extremeturbosystems.com/ETS-90-94-Eclipse-1G-DSM-10.5-Race-Intercooler.html

And I guess either way will work 255 double or 450 single. But I do like the idea of a double 255.. =]

Are you doing speed density with gm ethanol sensor? I'm looking to do the same thing... It will be awesome to be able to run e85 and pump 93 in the same tank without a new tune each time... Esp since there's only 2 or 3 e85 pumps within like 30ish miles of me LOL.

Btw. Don't get a China ebay sensor, their readings are way off. And the one from gmparts is only like 66$ so it's worth the extra 20ish$ to get a genuine part. That, or you can find a preferably low mileage gm flex fuel car from a yard and grab the sensor out if your lucky... Thats what I'm going to try first... Assuming junk yards around your way have late model vehicles that would have it.
Yep.
Thanks, but Ive already got the sensor. If I recall correctly, I just got one of the ones on the ecmlink wiki.

Okay cool.... Yeah now im on the hunt for a decent head gasket. I'm leaning towards brian crower mls but I literally can't find any info on them. Oh well, the search goes on... Hks mls probably makes a good one too, but they cost.. Maybe I'll end up getting a permatorque mls but they're a little pricey too but also in that sense I guess you get what you pay for.

Composite OEM or FelPro. Add head studs and they'll net you 600hp without issue.

Pretty sure Paul's 647whp was on composite, JP in Cleveland made 708whp back in 2008, I've been running nothing but composite for years around 600ish, and and whn I told Curt I was going to run one on the motor he was building me, he also told.me he knew people making big power with them.

If something goes wrong in the tune or mechanically, I'd rather have a $40 gasket and a weekend of work gone than my whole motor.

The problem with that is if you are a person who pushes things, one wrong move and any detonation will have you pushing coolant.

I've had really good luck using a composite with o rings, but have had the best success with the felpro mls.

How would that be a bad thing? If my car detonates, I want it to act as a fuse and blow. Much rather it blow out and have to replace it than find a hole in my block.

How would that be a bad thing? If my car detonates, I want it to act as a fuse and blow. Much rather it blow out and have to replace it than find a hole in my block.
You'd be better off with a stronger gasket seal, and not tuning timing on the ragged edge. I blew more headgaskets back in the day trying to squeeze every hp out of 16g's and 20g's than I ever have on larger turbos that can make power with airflow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back