The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Subwoofer quik release?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenmachine97

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 4, 2004
St. Charles, Missouri
Ok, i enjoy music alot. so of course i have to have a bit of bass frequency in it(subs). but i will also enjoy drag racing this summer. is there any form of a subwoofer quik release clip or something so i dont have to unscrew the power and grounds from the amp. ya know, jsut pull a plug, pull the box and race type deal.
thanks in advance!
-kyle

^^ ditto, unless you have some sort of funky-doodle box with the wire coming from inside the box. in this case, contact your amp manufacturer to ask for info about it.
personally, i just keep a small screwdriver in my car so that i can remove/adjust things on the fly; i don't think there would be much of a market for this product... but you could invent something like that. :thumb:

well, if the amp is mounted to the car and the box is free, then the answer to that is obvious, but it sounds like you have the amp mounted to the box, and you wanna pull out the whole deal... if you have a multi-channel amp and are powering your front/rear speakers with it, then you've just gotta suck it up and unscrew everything. using spade terminals can make that easier.

if you're willing to put the work into it, you can use quick release plugs. for instance, if you have your speakers wired into the amp, you can use the male and female ends of a car wiring harness... like the one you bought to hook up your aftermarket radio to the factory mitsubishi radio harness... buy another one of those, and you can order the female end as well. You'll hook the female wiring harness into the amp's speaker outputs, then, hook the wiring from your car to the male end, and you plug it in right at the box.

then, as far as the amp's power, you can pick up 0/2/4 guage +/- connectors like the ones they use on electric forklift batteries. the forklift ones are 0 or 00, but they make them in other guages as well. the sub wires can obviously stay hooked up, and the remote can just be ran in the other wiring harness.

if i didn't describe this well enough, let me know and I can throw in pics.

the only real downfall of this is signal degradation. having multiple breaks in a signal wire can cause voltage drops and introduce distortion at higher volumes... this is all in theory. you probably won't actually be able to hear any differences unless you're runnin like xtant 604's, and a/d/s 345is components, or some focal utopias, that will pick up any and all nuances in the signal path. that's a different discussion all together. but for 98% of the systems out there, it won't make a difference.

i'm on my 3rd bag of M&Ms this morning... expect more long-winded posts :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back