The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Stupid things people say to impress you ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted90GST

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 22, 2004
West Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Well i decided to "Get in the zone" (autozone) the other day with a buddy of mine... well this kid i haven't seen in awhile starts talking to me askin me when im going to bring my car out and what not well.. my friend comes over and asks him to check his wiper size he tells him the make and model of his car, audio a4 quattro well the kid notices that it's a turbo car and say's "do you want to race" well.. we asked him what he's got and he said a civc... LOL as if that wasn't bad enough! he starts goin on about how it's turbo charged and that he took the vtec out and how it run's 12 sec's with a stock exhaust... but it needs slicks heh well.. i'm done trying to get into the zone after this 1 LOL. ROFL

I had a few people tell me My car could not get over 300 HP because the engine was so small...
I said so are your brains...

And then the idiot camaro/firechicken drivers in their mighty LB 305 TBI cars...
and stock 80's rustang 302's...

I think almost all of us have heard similar stories with the 12/ 10 second "sleeper" civics. I had alotta shit talking neons. they just piss me off when they think a CAI and rice can can make their neons faster than any stock turbo car out there. oh well, make it more fun when you get the chance to walk all over them:cool:

I hate people who drive neons/camaros. No offense to anyone on the site who has one, but IMO and from personal experiences, people with camaros have bigger ego's than engines, and people in neons (mainly srt4) think they own the street because dodge came out with an "import"

Boosted90GST said:
Well i decided to "Get in the zone" (autozone) the other day with a buddy of mine... well this kid i haven't seen in awhile starts talking to me askin me when im going to bring my car out and what not well.. my friend comes over and asks him to check his wiper size he tells him the make and model of his car, audio a4 quattro well the kid notices that it's a turbo car and say's "do you want to race" well.. we asked him what he's got and he said a civc... LOL as if that wasn't bad enough! he starts goin on about how it's turbo charged and that he took the vtec out and how it run's 12 sec's with a stock exhaust... but it needs slicks heh well.. i'm done trying to get into the zone after this 1 LOL. ROFL
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176096&highlight=autozone

I hate people that talk down on my auto and brag on how their 5 speed can whoop my ass when in reality they can't and don't want to prove it :mad:

My buddy had a 1995 Volvo 850GLT wagon. We used to pick on civics when we would catch them at a light. It was pretty funny.

see i wasn't gunna put em out there but the kid is an employee at autozone LMFAO that's the worst part about it ROFL

Slack_r said:
I hate people who drive neons/camaros.
i agree with neons but not the camaro part. duh, catch the name. :rolleyes: I like muscle cars just for the fact that i grew up with my dad being a muscle car enthusiast. but I guess i should say i will respect ANY car that is fast, whether it be a civic, celica, mustang, Geo, camaro, or Neon....that is if the guy doesn't talk a bunch of sh1t (which people with fast cars don't normally do). -my camaro runs the 1/4 in 13.15, definitely a respectable street car where i live :thumb:

This guy I know insisted that he owned a stock V6 1g Eclipse. I kept trying to tell him that they didn't exist, but he kept insisting. Then he saw my intake and told me it must make my car sound like crap.

After talking a little while, he told me I needed to get a muffler, because that would give me alot of power. I left after he offered to race me in his new Elantra.

A friend of mine didn't really know what he was talking about at the time, and told me that a "port and polish would double your power."

Dracas said:
This guy I know insisted that he owned a stock V6 1g Eclipse. I kept trying to tell him that they didn't exist, but he kept insisting. Then he saw my intake and told me it must make my car sound like crap.

After talking a little while, he told me I needed to get a muffler, because that would give me alot of power. I left after he offered to race me in his new Elantra.

A friend of mine didn't really know what he was talking about at the time, and told me that a "port and polish would double your power."

Too much Gran Turismo. :nono:

My buddy is running a 96 neon R/T and the ####er is fast. He's got a 50 trim, external gate, 3" exhaust, all forged internals, bore the block. head was ported pretty good and he's got some indy race intake manifold. The thing moves pretty good. he wants to put it on the dyno soon. I raced him when i was running 13.2 and he beat me. i have AWD and it was from a 40 mph roll but he should run a high 12 probably on good tires.

I had some moron in a 2g tell me at a light that his car had a V-6 out of a pontiac in it, then he acted like I was an idiot for not believing him. I wanted to punch the guy in the face.

Theres always someone faster out there, but theres also always someone dumber.

I was at Autozone or Advanced (don't remember) picking up some oil and tranny fluid and this poor kid at the counter was explaining to a 40 year old guy for at least 20 minutes how his brakes were shot and he needed new rotors and pads. The 40 year old guy was flipping out like it was their fault that he needed new brakes :rolleyes:

Anyways, I felt bad for him and started talking to him about cars, he has a pretty sweet 95 mustang GT that runs in the 12s that we looked at in the parking lot. I told him about my Talon and instead or rolling his eyes at me he was actually pretty interested and I showed him my stuff. Then the same guy pulls BACK into the parking lot next to my car with his newly purcnased rotors and pads, starts yelling at this kid again and tells us that his son's cavalier would smoke us :| end of story...

Coworker is laughing at me and telling others (jokingly )about how he'll kill my little 4 cylinder Talon with his 87' Big Block Chevy pickup truck.

He even bet me money on a race. Im a nice guy so I decide to give him a ride so he'll know what he's up against...(and to scare the piss out of him). I pulled a couple g's on his monkey butt and he starts yelping like a stray dog that got hit in the head with a rock.

Here's the ironic part. He gives me MAD props for having a fast car that night but then he like TOTALLY forgets about it a week later and is back to talking crap!

I raced him from a 20mph roll and murdered him for all to see for about 3 city blocks. I told him that he didnt have a chance considering his big v8 had to pull about 5000lbs of metal off the line. Besides everyone knows v8's suck compared to turbos... tee hee.

A guy who owned a geo storm once told me that if he put nos in it, he would have the fastest car in town.

Another guy once told me his 3G Eclipse had a Hurst 6speed in it.

Some people are morons. I just smile and nod, as I don't have a car that can blow them out of the water. Plus, if it makes them have a hint of light in their mundane lives by putting me down, well then great, because I really don't care one way or another.

JwUoNoG said:
Too much Gran Turismo. :nono:

haha, yeah

Hopefully my friend has learned better by now.

As for the other guy, I don't know. He hasn't said anything else to me about it since.

I was eating lunch at a Wendy's one time. One of the guys who works there came up to me and noticed that I was reading a car magazine. Not one to talk while I'm eating, I nodded my head and continued reading. Not getting the hint, he started talking about one of his fastest cars, a 409 Interceptor. Now I know what a 409 engine is, but the only interceptor I've ever heard of was the one Mel Gibson drove in Mad Max, and that can't be it because Ford never made a 409 (as far as I know)

So then he goes on about how fast this car was and how he beat a 'vette at the track. At the back of my mind I'm thinking, well you should beat a Corvette, you have a bigger engine than he does (still giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, of course). So then I ask him a simple question: What did he run?

Nameless guy: What did I run?
Me: Yeah
Nameless guy: I ran a 2.1!
Me: WTF
Nameless guy: Yeah man, a 2.1!

Now I wasn't sure if he was talking about cutting a 2.1 for his 60' times but the way he said it with such confidence, I can only assume he was talking about his E.T.'s

Now I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that I can put on a set of roller blades and grab hold of the catapault that aircraft carriers used to launch fighter planes and still not get down the 1/4 mile in 2.1 seconds. As soon as he told me that, I turned my ears off.

From there it was blah blah blah blah blah friend clocked me at 174 blah blah blah blah Garden State Parkway blah blah blah blah blah blah blah and then he walked off.

The entire encounter left me baffled, befuddled, and bemused. To this day, I've never met a bigger BS'er in my life.

We used to pick on civics when we would catch them at a light.

i dont know dude, seems kinda sad you have to wait for a light to catch a civic........just bustin your balls. :thumb:

i will NOT go to autozone for parts for the eclipse. id rather wait a week to get replacements from vendors who know about my car than wait for autozone to order the wrong one and wait 2 weeks for them to get it right the 4th time. autozone is great for little shit like alternators and things like that. tell them you need the turbo mounting gasket set and they order a head gasket set and convince you its the right set, when none of the gaskets in the box are for a 4g63.

Thomas91169 said:
i will NOT go to autozone for parts for the eclipse. id rather wait a week to get replacements from vendors who know about my car than wait for autozone to order the wrong one and wait 2 weeks for them to get it right the 4th time. autozone is great for little shit like alternators and things like that. tell them you need the turbo mounting gasket set and they order a head gasket set and convince you its the right set, when none of the gaskets in the box are for a 4g63.

same here.
The guys at Azone know what my car is and how I am building it.
None of them want a piece. They have seen the turbo. They know what I have put in and done to the motor.
Then highschool punks but in the convo and start talking shit with thier 80 nothing 305 caprice, and other pure shit cars...
I laugh, the guy at the counter laughs and we move on.

And no, I do not get many parts there, water pumps, alts... small parts... nothing really important.

pr0 said:
I hate people that talk down on my auto and brag on how their 5 speed can whoop my ass when in reality they can't and don't want to prove it :mad:

ahhh i agree pr0... OMG especially around here... Everyone talks so much damn shit about it.. and as soon as they find out my car's an auto it's suddenly a piece, and I'm like WTF .I know a manual's soo much more fun to drive and is a little bit faster, but after my shift kit and some other good stuff that little gap lessened even more :thumb: I love that my AUTOMATIC turbo talon can still KILL these manual civics tho ;) and even better when they see the driver and it's a girl :D

*Brittney

"my 1.5L civic is twin turbo, supercharged, and has a 250 shot of NOS on it!"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back