The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Stupid things people say to impress you ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time i went to advance auto parts to buy a timing light for my car....and i ask the sales person (suppodsely educated in automobiles) where are the timing lights? He said down the aisle? He said wut do u need it for? :tease: :tease: right off the bat i knew we had a winner.....then i proceeded to tell him i need it to set timing ;) he said wut kinda car do u own...i said a turbo laser...he said o my son has a 1990 turbo eclipse samething....then he said y waste ur money man just turn the distribuitor till the engine calms down u should be right in the manufactures spec. Needless to say i walked out of the store :coy:

I live in Hickville USA. LOL i have a nicly moded Grand Prix, u know supercharged, with a nose drive and shit like that. I Drag it every once and a while at my local track, so i just leave my numbers on my window. So anyways, these dumb hicks, at school come up to me and are like, dude y dont you take off your numbers off your window cuz its your car is slower than hell. then his friend goes wut does it run, and i tell him 13.986. then this retard says, "wow, high 13's, my new ford will run 12 flat (non-turbo truck) I was in the hall the rest of the day LOL. haha

:dsm: I WANT A DSM!!!

When I had my 01 Neon (it was built, 10.5:1 pistons/rods, cam, everything, nitrous)
I'd drive through the Taco Bell parking lot and hit the rev limiter on my way out.
The guy at the window asked what kind of turbo I was using.
(This was BEFORE the SRT-4's.....)

No turbo, just rev limiter. :coy:

PS about nitrous...
sure the honda boys use a Zex 50 shot dry kit... lame/rice
When you spray go big..
I ran 125 shot NX... talk about a wild ride.
:thumb:

Luckythirteen said:
when i first got my Integra done, i used to go to the street races on friday night. well one night my buddy's and I where hanging out checking out the other cars when some kid walks up to me and says " Is that your white teg over there?" and im like "yeah, what you wanna run?" he get all snotty and starts saying that his 1997 Integra GSR will smoke my car and im not worth his time. so i say "show me what ya got under the hood", and we all go over and stand next to his car. he pops the hood and all i see is a cold air, a header, and a strut bar. he starts talking about all this motor work he had done and a new race clutch and flywheel and this other junk. im thinking BS :rolleyes: , so sensing an easy win "i say how bout we run for $200? should be an easy win for you. " so he says " show me what you got under your hood..." and i tell him that his cars is probably soo fast that it doesn't matter what i have done. so him being as dumb as he is he agrees to race. we line up he revs his engine and i just raise my rpms to 4000 an hold it there, the flagger gets ready and drops his arms. i launch hard and get about 2 cars off the start, after i hit 2nd that 2 car lead turned into 6 cars and i just kept pulling. at about 120 mph i shut it down and turned around to head back to the starting line. the kid pulls up and gets out of his car, walks over and hands me the cash i soo deserved and walks off. that was the end of that him. my car that night was my 1989 Acura Intergra LS with a B18C5 swap, T3/T4 hybrid turbo pushing 28 psi, FMIC anodized black :D , and lots of other mods.

stupid people that talk crap and have slow cars amuse me

Was Ludacris your flagger?

audiousECLIPSE said:
Was Ludacris your flagger?

ROFL ROFL Probably. The race wasn't going to happen until someone called him and told him theres a race in 5 mins. Fortunately, he made it in 3.

This wasn't really said but one of my old friends who I keep in touch with, but never talk to :p, had this in his profile. Itold him I wanted a GSX and then the next day he had Eclipse GSX OWN ALL!! DSM for LIFE! Then the next day he had this. Then he went around telling everyone he has a Skyline shell but needs the engine. LOL I laughed I was like wow what a loser. I IMed him I was like hows the skyline? He's like its good, just got my motor in... I hate some people.

Edit - cant really read the quote..
"Can you tell me right quick, what would be a better engine for my skyline? A Gallo of 12, or a Gallo of 24?"

Attachments

• wtf.JPG
    wtf.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 409
At my school theres this kid whose been talkin trash about my laser forever. Hes got an 85 z28 camaro. he kept sayin how hed smoke me because he has a v8 and i have a 4 cylinder LOL! we dragged (street from stop, but not a full 1/4) and i won by like 2-3 car lengths. He gave me respect for about 2 days, then started telling people i cheated. how do u 'cheat' in a drag race? is pretty much strait forward.

cuttheduck said:
living in a GM town brings out the domestic "R" word. :shhh:

BAH, you've seen the Grand Am/Prix virus then also! I live in East Lansing and I have to deal with mustangs and grand ams every damn day of my life. It's pretty fun sometimes though :D

Dracas said:
This guy I know insisted that he owned a stock V6 1g Eclipse. I kept trying to tell him that they didn't exist, but he kept insisting. Then he saw my intake and told me it must make my car sound like crap.

After talking a little while, he told me I needed to get a muffler, because that would give me alot of power. I left after he offered to race me in his new Elantra.

A friend of mine didn't really know what he was talking about at the time, and told me that a "port and polish would double your power."

dont race it. You will be disappointed. I had a ff 2gnt and my mom's b/f's elantra pulled on me in 3rd when I had the old n/t

I can't stand the rednecks who put 5.0 badges on their 4-cylinder fox-bodies. They don't understand that if their car sounds like a Tempo with an exhaust leak, they're not fooling anyone. :notgood:

Tsi_User said:
BAH, you've seen the Grand Am/Prix virus then also! I live in East Lansing and I have to deal with mustangs and grand ams every damn day of my life. It's pretty fun sometimes though :D

heh, around here it's chevy Cavalier's and Pontiac Sunfires they rice out WTF

I saw the ricer to end all ricers the other day, though. Was riding with a buddy of mine while he was delivering pizza, and we pull up to the place and there's a sunfire sitting in the parking lot with a body kit, dual exhaust, primered gray. IT HAD GULLWING DOORS ON IT.
Some chick got out of it, and this big fat f**ker came out of the building to get the pizza, I'm sitting here in the truck pointing at it and laughing my ass off. Dude looked at me like he could stare a hole in me and that just made me laugh harder :tease:
That made my night :thumb:

On topic though, I had a guy try to tell me he twin turbo'd his stroker talon... Instantly, by BS flag goes up. I asked him what it ran, and he said "9's". I just laughed to myself and nodded - find out later he's running 9's alright - in the 1/8th mile, and of course it's a stock motor with a stock turbo.

the last time I went to work (before I quit) was one of my favorite encounters with stupid people and cars. I'm driving down the main rt out here to get to the bridge, so I can get to philly, and a buddy of mine is shotty. We pull up to one of the lights, and there's two VW's both lookin pretty old, but done totally incorrectly. The one is like a late 80's black jetta, with those blue headlights, and the weakest rims i have EVER seen...no exhaust, but for some reason the kids revving me...I die laughing and move up a little more in my lane

ahead of him, his boy has a gti with what im assuming is catback, and as I pull up next to him, he revvs me, and my and my friend begin to DIE laughing...the light takes forever, so this red GTi is revving, over and over and over, im like screw this, so I revv pretty hard, and my BOV lets go, pretty loudly too. We cruise to the next light and I rev again, and point, knowing he wants no parts of me. He drops the passenger window and goes, "its a 16 valve, and after that turbo, I won't have a shot" I just nod and drive away, quite funny if you ask me

Another time, me and a buncha guys I drive with go to Wendys for some grub or whatever. On our way out, theres some kids in the parkin lot, and as we start up one runs over to my car, and another to my boys 240(w/sr 20), and i talk to him for a second and he's like yeah my civic over there runs 10 flat all motor, im like bullshit, prove it, he goes to start it up IT DOESNT EVEN TURN OVER, before he walked back over we began to pull off, and he screams "you're car is slow!!" we both come out the lot, and I open it up, let the car chirp second and we pull back in and I go "still think its slow? at least mine starts!" and pull off...to this day I stll get a laugh about that one...

I just got back from Vatozone and was talking to a guy that owns a DSM. He was working with some tool of a kid that said by the time he is 25 he will have an TT LS6 Camaro and he will have converted it to AWD. Thats not the best part. He then goes on to tell me that he is going to be the first person in the 7's with a completely street legal car. "Yeah dude it will have easily 1400 RWHP from regular gas. Let's your dumb four cylinders do that."

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Sorry to revive this old thread but I couldn't resist....... I was hanging out with all the imorts, like every weekend..... and I was talking to some random guy that asked about my car, he asked how much boost I was running, I said 16. He lectured me on how its impossible to run that much boost on stock internals, he said I need lower compression pistons blah blah blah... I tryed to tell him over and over, how strong 4g63s are and he just wouldn't get it through his head...... O and btw it was a "honda" guy LOL....no offense to any one..

Once they hear the stutterbox and external wastegate and see smoke pouring out of all four wheel wells, most people stop talking altogether.

My favorite is when people talk about "factory" cars that were never made.
Had one guy tell me all about his factory turbo charged Mazda MX3. Then a week later he talked about how the same car was "turbo charged, super charged, and had a blower on it".

I cant stand compulsive liars.

I went to autozone with a friend who swapped a fully built 420a running 30 psi out of a Talon into a neon chassis, he picks up some of the most expensive Mobil 1 oil and the guy at the counter asked what it was going into and he said a neon and the counter guy spent probably 5 minutes trying to convince him he didn't need that nice of oil!

-Ive had a guy come up to me in my TT Supra and tell me what a nice celica it was.
-A guy that had cam gears and a cold air intake in his VW and claimed 500hp
-One guy claimed to have a lancer with a evo engine and drivetrain. (he didnt I checked)
-Another guy tell me in my TT Supra the first thing I'd do to that is supercharge it.
-Had a guy think my 93 Talon was a prelude
-Thought my 97 GSX was non turbo, I showed the turbo to him and he told me it was part of the header to reduce turbulence.
-And 95% of the people I talk cars to have no idea what Im talking about once I get past the air filter.

When a kid I used to work with tried to race me with his 4-door, POS, honda civic that had a 2.5in getto exhaust with no muffler and nothing else. I launched my car pretty go and pulled about 2 car lenths ahead right off the line and then just kept running. After the race he BS about not being able to get any traction. Ya right. I think the only thing that was spinning tires was my car. :thumb:

theres this one guy that comes into work every once in a while with is police daddy....i work at advance auto...so any ways the first time i saw him he said he had a 150,000 dollar eclipse...so i asked him "hey is it the turbo?" he said no its the GSX....me and my buddy started laughing...5 mins later he comes back and complains that we dont carry mirrors for a 1974 chevy pickup....we started to think this kid was full of it....but we were like lets give him a break....we were wrong... two days later he comes in alone with his friends...big mistake...they come to the counter all big and bad and start asking for a turbo kit for a 92 neon...everyone knows we dont sell that...so after he says"my dad just got me a 1969 charger r/t its got this that and the other"...then me and my buddy looked at each other and were like OKAY....check this 5 mins later it couldnt fail...take a guess...if you just said CIVIC youre right...he said he had a civic with a jdm type r motor....that he got from his uncle....so if you count this kid has got more cars than fast n the furious...not yet have we seen him in any of these cars....we actually saw him in a 92 buick century....
KIDS...LOL :dsm: :rocks:

jltcat said:
-Ive had a guy come up to me in my TT Supra and tell me what a nice celica it was.
-A guy that had cam gears and a cold air intake in his VW and claimed 500hp
-One guy claimed to have a lancer with a evo engine and drivetrain. (he didnt I checked)
-Another guy tell me in my TT Supra the first thing I'd do to that is supercharge it.
-Had a guy think my 93 Talon was a prelude
-Thought my 97 GSX was non turbo, I showed the turbo to him and he told me it was part of the header to reduce turbulence.
-And 95% of the people I talk cars to have no idea what Im talking about once I get past the air filter.
PART OF THE HEADER TO REDUCE TURBULENCE ROFL
At that point I would have stopped talking to him LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back