The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Stupid things people debate on doing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas gst

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 17, 2010
Lubbock, Texas
I was checking for any local shops in my area that may be able to help out on my car I ran across a forum that just kept asking myself why?!?!?!?

This guy had a question of should he put a type S or type R sticker on his Acura rsx. As I read on, there were many people that felt strong about type R only if it is in fact a type R, which I agreed (in my mind). But what caught me off guard was that he had a red Honda decal front and back. It's not a Honda. WTF???

Anyone else think that's strange. Any other stories like this? Just curious.

Made by Honda yes, not a "Honda" though

He had the honda sticker on there because in Japan, the RSX is called a "Honda Integra"

He is just pretending that his car is JDM. I agree with you though. It should onlt have a Type R badge if it is in fact a "Type R"

:rolleyes:

I just kind of took it as for instance. Put a Lotus kit car together, put the real Lotus emblem, and debate on putting a turbo sticker. Even without a turbo and being a VW with new fiberglass. Thought it was kind of amusing.

I was checking for any local shops in my area that may be able to help out on my car I ran across a forum that just kept asking myself why?!?!?!?

This guy had a question of should he put a type S or type R sticker on his Acura rsx. As I read on, there were many people that felt strong about type R only if it is in fact a type R, which I agreed (in my mind). But what caught me off guard was that he had a red Honda decal front and back. It's not a Honda. WTF???

Anyone else think that's strange. Any other stories like this? Just curious.

Made by Honda yes, not a "Honda" though

well time to throw out some education for people like you. ok lets start off by going through companies ie honda, nissan, toyota. they all have their own U.S./ luxury lines ie Honda has Acura hense the Acura NSX. With the beloved NSX you commonly see it sporting Honda badges. Nissan has Infinity hense the G35 coupe that was said to be the next skyline when the talks of a new skyline coming around was happening. Top Secret, a huge well known tuning shop in Japan, even built an Infinity G35 with Skyline badging
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Then you have Toyota. its U.S. counterpart/ luxury line is lexus. Now with toyota they have the supra. When toyota was pondering producing it again, as alot of other companies have started bringing back older models, they decided since the price tag was going to be so high it should carry a lexus badge and givin the name
'LFA'. Now back to the Honda/Acura topic with the kid asking about badging his car either Type R or Type-S. Now if the kid was a hard core honda/acura guy, like many of us dsm guys are, being that honda and acura are the same he would stay true to honda and badge his car honda reguardless of where the driver seat is. To put it into terms of Mitsubishi cars it would be like debadging a 3000gt and badging it with GTO - go look it up if you dont know- Also would we be wrong to badge our cars D32a's just as people have taken the apperance of eclipse's and applyed it to talons?
Now that we have thrown out some education to people that like to bi*** about petty topics lets remember one important thing- If its your car do with it what you want! You wanna stay true to mitsubishi and you own a 3000gt badge it GTO along with all the honda guys and nissan guys. In the end does it really even matter? :hmm:

^^

Lol you're talking like this is some secret information and that nobody has heard anything you're talking about before.

:p

^^

Lol you're talking like this is some secret information and that nobody has heard anything you're talking about before.

Well Lofty it is no secret info at all i completely agree. With people out there that feel the need to show they dont know 'the secret' and post threads as this one, they should be educated as to what the 'secret' is.

It was just a thought as to why people debate on it. I know about all that stuff with the automakers. Just didn't see why it was a big deal to put them on or not. If it's an Acura and you put Honda, than what does it matter if it's a type s or type R. If you don't get what I was saying than just ignore or don't read the thread. It was a thought not a question. Lol. This is a perfect example of "stupid things people debate about".

And if you want to talk down to people and be ####ing ass, than maybe new members including myself should look for friends, tips, help, etc. Somewhere else. It's supposed to be fun isn't it?

^^

haha:thumb:

btw its everyone just trying to be unique.

3000gt-- Japan its GTO
Tiburon -- Korean is Tuscani
jetta--- German is Bora
etc...
Dont let things like this bother you, you may be surprised how happy you can be when you worry about yourself!

This thread is quite funny to read! But just a quick an simple answer to the type r and type s is they are totally different in every way! For instance the civic type r has a 2.0 engine that runs 200bhp and has a better body kit bigger wheels spoiler lights are colored different and brakes are much bigger! Type s is a semi sports car smaller everything! 2.0 engine aswell but not the same engine not what I've seen anyway! The type s produces about 145 bhp! The rsx and integra type r are also different the rsx has no rear tall spoiler as stock as the type r jdm does! The rsx is slower and a little less power don't ask why as I don't really know its just got something to do with the american tuning! I had a guy that's lived just down the road with the 3000gt and gto and they were the same power but looked different! Also another good 1 is the infiniti g35 and nissan skyline 350gt same car same engine but the skyline 350gt produces more power overall and the engine bay plastics are swapped over etc etc! We have had them both on a dyno and its a shock to see the difference in a stock motor!

I don't really see that much wrong with putting Honda emblems on an Acura. Its essentially just a Honda anyways. Its not like he's putting Honda emblems on a Toyota. Even though its not my style, its not overtly dumb. Its like how my buddy slapped a GTR emblem on his Nissan 200SX with an SR20DET swap. Sure its not 100% accurate, but its within the realm of reason.

I just kind of took it as for instance. Put a Lotus kit car together, put the real Lotus emblem, and debate on putting a turbo sticker. Even without a turbo and being a VW with new fiberglass. Thought it was kind of amusing.

I dunno, i think in that instance when you go through that much work, maybe the ability to wear the badge should be rewarded.

Theres a few people on the SVT site that built PERFECT 03/04 Cobra clones out of v6 mustangs. I mean PERFECT. Only thing that gives it away is if someone ran the vin. Like down to the finest detail. Think they deserve to wear those badges.

And im all against misbadging.

Nissan has Infinity hense the G35 coupe that was said to be the next skyline when the talks of a new skyline coming around was happening. Top Secret, a huge well known tuning shop in Japan, even built an Infinity G35 with Skyline badging

Yeah, but isnt the Nissan G35 actually called the Skyline in Japan during that model run?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back