The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

stupid pocket logger software

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruisintalonawd

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
So I bought a Palm M100 from a guy and it came when the palm, cablesand the desktop software. But not the data logger software bull sh.. and my friend tried to copy her's but its copyright. So now I'm trying to find where to get the software and I tried Pocketlogger.com but mt cables do not have SN on them so what do I do???I'm about ready to just say fu@( it and sell the mother fu&@er!

What you can do is download mmcd. Its freeware so its available to everyone. Search this site for mmcd and you should find it. Its a pretty decent software.

which cables do you have? if you don't have the home made looking one that you get from ebay, then I'm sorry to say it, but you're going to have to get it. it will have a com-port connection on one end and the other end will have the three wires.

so you need another cable besides the one that comes with the palm and the one that you get off of the pocketlogger website?

Do you need to get this ebay one as well?

I use the pocketlogger setup for AFC tuning on my GS-T and have had no issues with it.
I use a Palm V with a OBDII Pocketlogger Cable and software.

Pocketlogger is understandably trying to protect thier software from copyright infringement or piracy. When you load the software for the first time you must enter a registration code you recieve from them. The code is specific to one certain Plam username. I had a problem with that and had to contact them directly for support.

I'm not sure exactly what your issue is, but the most I got was "it's not working?" Can you try to explain better?

I hope I can help, but let me know exactly what's up and I'll do my best. I remember feeling your pain with Pocketlogger. ROFL
What happened was I had to transfer the software to another Palm system with a different username.
So are you saying you bought the system off someone (cable) and want to load the software on a cheap Plam you bought (M100) which is a compatiable one? If you bought a Pocketlogger Cable off someone, and the serial number is not on there, either it's not pocketlogger or it's peeled off/ worn out. Contact Pocketlogger and see if they can research the purchase by customer name. E-mail those guys and they'll help ya out. :thumb:
Besides that, you might have been sold bogus cables. Sorry
It's a very good system, and I do not see any need for you to purchase Ebay products to make it function correctly. If you purchased a legitimate copy of the software/cable it's too easy. Let me know. :thumb:

Good Luck man, don't get fustrated! :thumb:

I must be missing something. Now, you have the wire that came with the palm M100 (it connects directly up to the palm), you have the "Datalogger cable" much like the one that I linked you to in Ebay, you hooked the two together, hooked up the "Datalogger cable to the OBD port that sits directly next to the fuse box in pin numbers 1, 10, and 12, with the corrosponding wires, (the instructions are on the logger page which is also linked in this forum) - once that is done correctly, you now push the power button on the M100 (which is now linked to your OBD port) then you click on the MMCD Icon that is on your M100's screen.

I believe that this is the step that you are on,

Once you are in the MMCD program, you are on the "home screen" You may go to the upper left-hand corner of the screen to find "MMCD" in the black portion, when you tap on that, it now gives you the option to either test, or debug.

If you are wanting to do an actual log, then from the "home screen", you want to go to the bottom left where you see "new" tap that and you have the "data-logging screen, now click on "review" and "pause" should be checked, uncheck that and it should give you live data. Hopefully this helps!:thumb:

Ok I figured it out and I did a log while the car is doing the sputtering problem and it got 2 counts of knock that was one of about four thing that I actually understood what it was what else should I be looking at that matters. And how do I check the CEL.

not to take over the thread or anyhing but i've been looking for this type of logger forever for a 2g 97-99

i see all over ebay they sell only 1g and i went to a couple pocket logger websites and they only sell kits for 1g and evos.....but i see people wtih 2g's alot....where can i get a kit! i am in need and want of 1!

i got my logger kit off ebay, and then i downloaded palmnstein for it. The kit has the obd2 cable with it and palmnstein works good for the 2g.

are there OBD II cables that hook up from the port on your car to the USB on your laptop? I dont want to buy a palm and i want to use my laptop but i dont know how... i downloaded the emulation software for palm, just dont know how to hookup my laptop to obdii ,

---thx

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back