The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Stupid friend thinks he know's everything. DSM'ers needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bartels903

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2004
Gahanna, Ohio
My friend is a dumbass, he is trying to tell me that his uncle who supposedly has a TT Supra, a turbo Hayabusa, and a TT ECLIPSE WTF . I told him that it is highly unlikely, I asked him so is it a 4 cylinder :rolleyes: (to try to trick him) and he was like yeah. I was like there isn't a way to twin turbocharge a damn 4 cylinder and then he says "oh yeah I forgot he dropped a 6 cylinder in it." WTF again. That was what set me off, I was like do you know what you would have to do to drop a V6 into a damn eclipse? And he's like "he just moved back the fire wall." And I said let me give you some facts tomorrow on what all you would need to do. So here is where you guys come in, I need some help trying to think of what you would need to do. I was thinking you would need to move back the firewall causing the back seats to be removed so the front seats would move back. (His uncle is 6'5ish I've met him before). So what else would you need to do to make this amazingly dumbass lie real?

Thanks
Matt

Could be worse. He could've been like one kid I knew in the Marines who had a V6 firebird that he says was a V8 with the two cylindes upside down so it wouldn't be seen and that he could activate with a switch. He was a rather lonely and disturbed kid. I'm suprised they ever put a rifle in his hands.

There have been 2g v6 swaps none with turbos that I have seen...

I think that just the fact that he supposedly has 3 turbo vehicles should raise the BS flag especially when everyone who knows anything puts a big single turbo on supra

MNGSX said:
There have been 2g v6 swaps none with turbos that I have seen...

I think that just the fact that he supposedly has 3 turbo vehicles should raise the BS flag especially when everyone who knows anything puts a big single turbo on supra

I know its b/s. I just need what you would need to do to perform this.

Couldn't be any harder than what we are currently doing at the shop. Turbocharged 450 HP Duratech v-6 in a 01 Ford Focus!

loweperf said:
Couldn't be any harder than what we are currently doing at the shop. Turbocharged 450 HP Duratech v-6 in a 01 Ford Focus!

Could you possibly tell me what you had to do to make that fit, since you know first hand?

TTing a 4cyl Eclipse has been done before, its just not very practical. We even had pictures somewhete on this site, i just dont feel like looking for them. Oh and go slap ur friend around.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/IMG]

I saw a TT hondizzle hatch at a show in Hershey PA a couple months back. The EM was ghetto and cracked. He did it just for the hell of it I guess. About as pointless as the 3 HKS BOVs on a civic coupe at the OC show recently, but he claimed 600hp, so I can overlook the excessive usage of the BOVs. Haha. :talon:

fatafall said:
I saw a TT hondizzle hatch at a show in Hershey PA a couple months back. The EM was ghetto and cracked. He did it just for the hell of it I guess. About as pointless as the 3 HKS BOVs on a civic coupe at the OC show recently, but he claimed 600hp, so I can overlook the excessive usage of the BOVs. Haha. :talon:

Yeah I saw that car at Carlise a few weeks back. Did it say TWIN TURBO HONDA real big on it? What a waste of time..

2 words

SHOW ME

itll end that conversation real quick.

i have an uncle who works with honduh tooners. he tried using his "hondas are better cause their turbos cost 3000 dollars and their motors cost 10k". i came back at him with "thats cause theyre the only ones dumb enough to spend 3k on a turbo and 10k on a motor, when out cars come with a motor thats more capible than theirs built, STOCK". he then said that his buddy pops his clutch to get more power, and i was like "umm what does wheelspin on a fwd have to do with getting more power, spinning is bad, traction is good". i then owned him with so much technical jargen on injector dead time, ltft/stft, airflow lbs/min, turbo efficiency, o2 volt, knock counts, a/f ratios, that he had no idea how to compute what i was saying and had to walk away. later that night he tried to say a couple of them run 12's at the track, i was like "thats funny, i went to the track religiously last year, and ive yet to see a honduh break 13's, and the ones that got into the 13's were already pretty built up, ill tell you what, next time they go to the "track" have them give me a call, id like to see "real" 12 second honduhs at a "real" track, not some backwoods road they measured out to a 1/4 mile or so they think"

sorry for the rant.

bartels903 said:
So what else would you need to do to make this amazingly dumbass lie real?
Gosh, I'd love to get in on this, but I have to re-sort and categorize my hankey drawer. :rolleyes:

Pretty small town you live in there, eh? Or is it a hygiene problem. OMG

...so why'd you have to ask us the proper way to tell your friend that he's completely retarded?
Write this down on a piece of paper to give to your friend that contains ALL of the necessary steps to bunk his claim:
Step 1: Upgrade your IQ before speaking.
Step 2: Speak.

Don't do extra legwork because your friend is a retard. Call him on his shit and call it a day.

Move the firewall? WTF right. Tell him its bullshit, and you'll believe it when you see it. Leet, I'm down for a drink :D

From what I have learned while being into cars for so long is that people like that just want to be thought of as cool, and that is why they say dumb shit like that. What I usually do is just take that coolness away. "So you spent all that time and money just to make your car slower and more complicated than a basic modded DSM. Way to go." If you down play there shit they usually go away. I had one guy at a meet tell me he put a 25 in subwoofer in the door of his Elantra. I explained that it must have sounded like shit because there wasn't enough air volume in the door to fit the speaker magnet let alone sound nice. He just changed the subject and moved on.

What I find really funny is that people still come up with stupid shit like this all the time. Now that the net has all kinds of info you would think they would try to at least sound somewhat credible. Oh well to each there own.

Why even bother posting about it? Its clear that he is just talking out of his ass...do u really need confirmation from others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back