The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Resolved Stuck on my 1.8 to 2.0nt swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

87dsmer

Probationary Member
Feb 5, 2020
Beechgrove, Tennessee
Figured I would go ahead and post while I continue searching. So I'm in the getting close to finishing swapping my 93 5 spd 4g37 over to a a 4g63nt. The donor car is a 91 auto. Motor is all in and things are pretty much plugged up but it's not cranking and I dont hear the fuel pump. Right now I have the mpi relay from the auto plugged in since it's a different plug but I'm thinking that's my problem? Also I was reading about matching auto/manual ecu numbers from the parts list thread with federal and California numbers but the ecu from the 2.0 auto is a remanufactured unit and just has number : 2-6205 and calibration code: 0901TG so I'm not sure if this ecu will even work for me

Seems to be running decent but when I swapped the dash harness (my oil, water, fuel gauges have been dead for years) now my electrical is all messed up LOL. I read the 2 extra wires from my old harness go into the front light blinkers so I'm about to tap those off the hazard switch and plug into the fuse box see if that does anything. Not sure why it looks like the car is constantly drawing 5v accessories power (haven't checked it LEDs ect are half lit) since everything was working correctly with the old harness plugged in without the dash. Sure sounds a lot better than the 4g37 did :D

Finally got time to work on this again all of the electrical is straightened out. The dash harness from the 91 auto has basically the same connectors but one of them had to be repinned. From what I've learned after hours of searching is color matching is an option if you have both sets. Now the only problem I'm left with is I cant get the car in gear. I'm using my old transmission from the 4g37 that was working fine when pulled. The flywheel I got was a preowned I got cheap with new pp and clutch from advanced auto. Master and slave were replaced recently both in working order prior to the swap. The clutch fork is sitting towards the passenger side so from what I've read my TO bearing is probably hitting the bellhousing. Going to drop the trans next weekend. I know I've changed the clutch and flywheel but the change was still a stock configuration so should my fork have moved that far out? Or is my used flywheel no good? I want to get this done right and parts take a while to come in so any thoughts are appreciated

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back