The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Strut Tower Rust Patch, Other Progress

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeNoZZo

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2008
Waterloo, Iowa
I finally got the rusty ass strut towers all patched up. Now all I need to do is grind down the weld spatter, and paint it. I also got the new oem piston rings put on my pistons. Anyone know where the gap is supposed to go for each ring? And can anyone confirm that the cut part of the second ring faces up? That's how I understood it to work, so that's how I put them on. Just waiting on the king bearings now and then I can assemble the short block.

Heres some pics

Before
strutrust.jpg

During
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/cal64us/0911091607.jpg
0911091619.jpg

After (still needs to be smoothed out and painted though)
0911092150a.jpg

0911092151.jpg

Pistons Ready to go
0911092150.jpg

looks good. u did it the hard way tho ha. should of just cut out a square instead of that complex potato shaped thing ha.
here is some pics of how i did it.

2608l5s.jpg

ouurus.jpg

w14e1z.jpg

fnwrvb.jpg

well I made a mistake the other night. I started grinding some spatter off and the person who welded it for me said not to make it completely flush or it may crack threw again because its all so thin. So I thought to myself I'll just smooth out the bumps with some putty (bondo). I tried it not knowing what I was doing, and threw some paint on it. And now.... it looks like absolute ass. So tomorrow I'm going to grind all that bondo back off and get it a little more flush, then repaint it. again.

I like ass....and boobies, and legs. :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back