The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Strut that supports 2" drop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyramid

Proven Member
Mar 8, 2014
Topeka, Kansas
I need some struts for my megan 2" drop springs.

Would Tokico HP blues support?
By supporting I mean wont blow out quick af.

What springs support a 2" drop

Lowering springs increase suspension droop and consume compression travel. So you ideally want a strut that has a shorter shock body, this unfortunately does not exist.
Your best bet is to get coilovers or a strut that is advertised to be stiffer than OEM to ensure you are not blowing through that little bit of travel.

Lowering springs increase suspension droop and consume compression travel. So you ideally want a strut that has a shorter shock body, this unfortunately does not exist.
Your best bet is to get coilovers or a strut that is advertised to be stiffer than OEM to ensure you are not blowing through that little bit of travel.
And really the only one that would work well is the Koni, or go with coilovers.

Do you want the care to actually handle or just look "cool"?

If you actually want the car to handle better my advise is ditch the 2" drop springs. 2g's have limited suspension travel as it is, I know nothing about your Megan springs, but if their like most other typical lowering springs for these cars, their spring rate is far too soft as well. What that leaves with is very limited suspension travel & mushy springs, ie bad handling & riding on bump stops.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back