The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Strut plate rusted out! (Rear Upper Strut Mount/Plate)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97talon83

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2010
Franklin, Indiana
anyone know where i can get the part because the auto places dont sell them :(

its the cap part that the strut screws to at the top. Im sure most of you know what im talking about because its a known problem...

Last edited by a moderator:
The strut tower? If that's what you mean, then you won't find that anywhere but a junk yard. Or you'll have to have someone who's good at welding fix it for you.

I've been there before with my 95 GSX. I had a friend of mine weld some new pieces in after I grinded down both sides. The car was leaving rusted cornflakes everywhere I went so I decided to sell it.

I have an entire parts car I could cut one off of. Pm me if you're interested. That's too bad though, the strut tower cancer is definitely taking too many 2gs of the road.

its the cap part that the strut screws to at the top. Im sure most of you know what im talking about because its a known problem...
The more I read this I'm thinking you're talking about the rear upper strut mounting plate. It's a dealer part, hence the reason you won't find this at a parts store.

They're $68 a piece at the dealer...or you can buy a pair of them here for less than the price of one at the dealer:

95 99 Eclipse Talon Rear Upper Strut Mount Plates | eBay

Change them both....don't f*ck around doing one at a time and waiting for the other to fail. LOL

Doing a little more research on this topic- it seems the 3G Eclipses use the same mount, but it has a different part number and is WAYYYYY F-ING CHEAPER. These are literally $10 at any Mitsu dealer.

Buy part #MR311114 instead of #MR103157 that our cars call for.

Mitsubishi Shock absorber mounting MB910186,MR311114,MR103157,$10.00 at Miparts

This is correct. Completely interchangeable. I used these on both of my 2Gs.

One of them is made in Japan, the other in the US.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back