The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Strictly Import Motorsports Stock 6 bolt bottom end record Attempt!!! Update #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZooLogix

Probationary Member
Oct 3, 2011
Portage, Michigan
Hey everyone Mike here. Figured since we got some work done I would keep everyone updated. Since the last update we got all of the sound deadening material out. Man what a pain,but we got it.

We are going to start fabing in the cage and cut out the spare tire hump to make room for the fuel cell. stay posted :hellyeah:

PA121106.jpg

PA121107.jpg

PA121109.jpg

PA121110.jpg

PA131113.jpg

PA131114.jpg

Nice work, did you just throw down dry ice and then go at it with a hammer and chisel?

Just wondering what the point of removing the sound deadening is? I mean weight reduction probably but I can't imagine more than a few pounds. Though I may be wrong, I'm not a connoisseur of weight reduction.

Pounds are pounds i removed mine quite a bit woth adds up, along with other things when thats your goal. to remove excess weight.

Yup weight reduction. Plus when you start welding in a roll cage it gets in the way and you end up having to chisel it out which becomes a huge PITA.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back