The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

strength of oem trans and clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had 110k miles on my RS when I sold it, I think maybe like 30k was turbo. Was running a star t3/t4oe kit on it and it could handle the power fine. I did put one of those phantom grip type differentials in when I rebuilt the engine and welded the diff pin. Ultimately I ran 10psi with the kit and pulled 210ish WHP then I had to sell her =(

I somewhat abused it too, running the stock clutch, I used it for autocross, drifting, and drag racing. Depends on how your treat it, if you drive it like a normal car I'm sure it'll be fine. But I like the 420A tranny as oppsoed to the 4G63 tranny, it shifted so much smoother.

My stock trans with 131k milea shattered the 3rd and 4th sleeve rolling on the throttle in. 3rd, soon as the power ban hit boom no-more 3rd or 4th gear. It lasted a few launches though cant really comment on the stock clutch. I switched that out at the same time as the t-25

My stock trans with 131k milea shattered the 3rd and 4th sleeve rolling on the throttle in. 3rd, soon as the power ban hit boom no-more 3rd or 4th gear. It lasted a few launches though cant really comment on the stock clutch. I switched that out at the same time as the t-25

im asking about a 420a not a 4g63

I had blown the diff out of my old trans by over revving it in first gear, but since being replaced with another used one (at the time 132,xxx on it) So far so good, using a Spec stage 3, slips quite a bit, running 20psi. everyday.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back