The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Street take overs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
I’m sure a lot of you have seen this from Texas. Basically it’s a street take over and this guy chose to do a flyby at over 100mph and ends up killing 3 people. I absolutely hate these take overs by cars and/or bikes. I really don’t see the point of all this. It’s one thing to do a pull on the highway when the roads are clear but to do this at these speeds with bystanders is just idiotic. Feel bad for this guys wife and baby and especially for the families of the 3 that were killed. Don’t take part in these as they’re growing in popularity. This guy had a clean record and now he’s looking at prison time. Make good decisions!!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I believe in the death penalty, you take a life, you give yours, an accident is an accident, this was not an accident, it was 100% preventable but someone had to showboat knowing the risk to others and chose wrong, he now needs to pay.

I believe in the death penalty, you take a life, you give yours, an accident is an accident, this was not an accident, it was 100% preventable but someone had to showboat knowing the risk to others and chose wrong, he now needs to pay.
I am too but not on yoir level of using it. If its a terrorist or mass murderer / Serial killers then do it. Small situations like this are bad i agree buts its stupidity that killed not intention. Just sentence him to a long jail time and hope he can reform and help others in the process

But even then jail now sucks. You tend to come out worse then you go in because you have to be something your not and then you worsen yourself. So jail is not the greatest answer these days but for this guy living with the memory of what he did is going to eat him up but hopefully he understands and makes a better life after

I am 100% for the death penalty especially for pedophiles and rapists. They should be tortured imo, but I don’t in this case. It was an accident and I’m sure he didn’t intend the outcome when he got in his car that night.

Unfortunate situation. Majority of the tragic shit Ive personally seen in my own car scene over the last 25 years has been shit like this... Preventable accidents caused by showboating. Ive personally known two people who have been convicted of manslaughter. They didnt mean to kill anyone but their actions led to the deaths of multiple people. No way am I saying that there should be compassion for the perp in this case, but Ive seen the effects of being responsible for a person's death when you're not a true killer. Its something that can eat you up inside so much that the jail time is actually the easy part... Living on and learning how you just devastated the lives of the people involved with the victims and the people who depend on you is indeed a tough thing to live with and you have plenty of time to be stuck with your own thoughts while locked up.

Unfortunate, preventable situation. One bad decision has caused so many people to lose so much. Life, sanity, support, well-being....

This kind of stuff wont stop unless we have laws with TEETH in them, I personally know four people that have caused accidents that have killed other people, two of them involved drunk driving and the passengers in the drunk drivers cars died, those two guys still go out and drink and drive and I can truly tell you all that none of them have been permanently hurt by what they did, we WISH or hope in our heads that it eats them up because thats what we want to think justice is, it doesn't work, an idiot that does shiz like this doesn't think like that, I was raised that you THINK about your actions before you do them, you think about the consequences of what COULD happen, intentionally or unintentionally actions have CONSEQUENCES, there needs to be consequences for these peoples actions, I have no mercy on this kind of stuff, saying that it was an accident is like saying you shot a gun in the direction of a crowd but didn't really MEAN to hit anyone, BS. The only way this stops is to start making examples of people like this, had we done that in this country the last ten years, these people would likely still be alive right now and who knows how many others too. Making an example of people works, look at the white house break in, look at the level of craziness congress is going to over that, why do you think they are taking it to this level? to make an EXAMPLE so that this kind of stuff in the future wont happen ever again because it will be taken very seriously and each person that was involved in any way will be identified and will be prosecuted to the highest level.

This kind of stuff wont stop unless we have laws with TEETH in them, I personally know four people that have caused accidents that have killed other people, two of them involved drunk driving and the passengers in the drunk drivers cars died, those two guys still go out and drink and drive and I can truly tell you all that none of them have been permanently hurt by what they did, we WISH or hope in our heads that it eats them up because thats what we want to think justice is, it doesn't work, an idiot that does shiz like this doesn't think like that, I was raised that you THINK about your actions before you do them, you think about the consequences of what COULD happen, intentionally or unintentionally actions have CONSEQUENCES, there needs to be consequences for these peoples actions, I have no mercy on this kind of stuff, saying that it was an accident is like saying you shot a gun in the direction of a crowd but didn't really MEAN to hit anyone, BS. The only way this stops is to start making examples of people like this, had we done that in this country the last ten years, these people would likely still be alive right now and who knows how many others too. Making an example of people works, look at the white house break in, look at the level of craziness congress is going to over that, why do you think they are taking it to this level? to make an EXAMPLE so that this kind of stuff in the future wont happen ever again because it will be taken very seriously and each person that was involved in any way will be identified and will be prosecuted to the highest level.

Wholeheartedly agree that the laws need teeth. Nothing pisses me off more than drunk driving and have always felt that the laws are way to lenient. Had a friend killed by a drunk driver about 10 years ago and find it completely asinine that some of the people I know have accumulated multiple DUIs and still have a license. Cellphone use too. Was in the passenger seat leaving downtown Chicago while my girl was driving and it was disturbing to see that 3/4 of the cars we passed, the driver wasnt even looking at the road.

No, we can not rely on the justice system to teach people to be better. That is a decision made on their own. Some go to jail, humble up, and come out great... others, the opposite happens.

In the end, this is not an issue that can be solved with jail time, tough sentences, or even stricter laws. Education, NOT legislation, creates a good society where people do good because they know better.

@motomattx you mentioned that you were taught to think about a decision before just going for it. You are right. It all starts in the home. Basic values are taught in a family setting, which in turn mold kids to be awesome, responsible adults (most of the time haha), but some parents need to step up to the plate more. A lot, and I mean A LOT of issues in today's society can be remedied and even removed if the family unit was stronger.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back