The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street, show, and strip : 2.3 gt3582 96 gsx build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zakkygsx

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2013
jefferson hills, Pennsylvania
This winter begins a new build on my mostly stock 2g gsx. im shooting for somewhere in the 550-600 awhp range and plan on giving her a full makeover. as it sits its a 2.0 16g-powered 4g63 by spring shell be a tuned 2.3 stroker running a garrett gt3582r, with a cast t3 manifold, 2.5" vband outlet fic 1650's running 2 fuel maps one for e85 one for 93 octane gas. a deatschworks 340 lph pump will be in tank and -6AN fuel lines from tank to rail. 5 speed swap and an act 2900 pp with a 6 puck disk. also will be getting a cobalt blue firemist paint job, along with a clean bay. inside will be racing seats and the rear seats removed, cf hood, fenders, and hatch with lexan will be installed as well. ill post upates as i go guys lemme know what you think

5spd swap? I would go automatic if I was you. Unless you're planning to get the best 5spd tranny money can buy, you will be destroying them. Another issue to worry about is breaking the crank on a 2.3 with a manual. I've seen it happen a few times so its something you should think about.

This winter begins a new build on my mostly stock 2g gsx. im shooting for somewhere in the 550-600 awhp range and plan on giving her a full makeover. as it sits its a 2.0 16g-powered 4g63 by spring shell be a tuned 2.3 stroker running a garrett gt3582r, with a cast t3 manifold, 2.5" vband outlet fic 1650's running 2 fuel maps one for e85 one for 93 octane gas. a deatschworks 340 lph pump will be in tank and -6AN fuel lines from tank to rail. 5 speed swap and an act 2900 pp with a 6 puck disk. also will be getting a cobalt blue firemist paint job, along with a clean bay. inside will be racing seats and the rear seats removed, cf hood, fenders, and hatch with lexan will be installed as well. ill post upates as i go guys lemme know what you think

I have a very similar build in the process. I'll be using a Hx40 though, but mine will also be a stroker and running the act 2900 with some big 2150cc injectors. Curious to see what type of numbers you put down! good luck! :hellyeah:

im thinking of a similar build: 2.4L (4g64 block, 2g 7bolt head), gt3788r twin scroll, 400lph fuel pump with E85, jhracing t4 divided exhaust manifod, 3in exhaust. this thing should have some serious "down low" power. 600awhp GSX street monster.... :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back