The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please guys keep it on the track. I have lost one of my best friends because he street raced. He died one month after he got his liscense. You probably wont stop but just imagine you lost some you cared about for a stupid reason like street racing

ya no matter what it "should" be taken to the track. I was a passenger is a Acura GSR.. a guy rekognized me from the race track and wanted me to look at his car. So I went for a ride. He started hauling ass and I told him to take it easy.. He laughed at me and said since I was the racer I should not worry. A minute ir so after i let him him know i have had lots of practice and payed alot of money to learn all this...he lost control.

We entered a left turn, over crest "over a small hill". The car understeered, and we plowed into a telephone pole at about 75 mph, then the car rolled two times. It happened on Friday and I woke up Tuesday morning. I had been taken to the hostpital...granted i did not have any life threahting injuries..I bassicaly was there to get my face held back up into place. I lost some vision in my left eye..I have permenant nerve damage in my face, and I lost two teeth..got one fixed need the other one done.

I still race, streetrace, and I still drive fast when I am out catting around at night on mountain roads...but it was quite the awakening to what can happen, I always said I was a good driver..and any wreck I got into I always walked away from "even the streetbike wrecks" Kinda funny the one where I left on a stretcher...I was not even driving

Jesus man, so sorry to hear that..

Thats why im not a very good passenger and if some punk ass honDUH driver started doing that shit on hilly/curvy roads I would of pulled up the ebrake and made him slow the fack down....

:thumb: AH well crap happends..I am alive...felt like i got clocked by Mike Tyson.. i joke about it it was like a year ago now..guess I would rather go out like that than propped up in a bed

:rolleyes: weeell ok I take that back..I could go out propped up in a bed..as long as Carmen Electra was on top er something LOL

LOL did they hang that acura kid by his toenails?

Id go find him and mess his face up, was he ok?

He did not have insurance... I went back the the town and gave a an Itlaian ass whoopin ...and then he finaly said he was sorry , <after he called the cops> for almost killing me..I have pics of what I looked like on Tues..I will have my brother scan them and I will post em

and ya after the wreck he was admited then released the guy in the back was fine

wow what a pos I would of hurt him bad ! glad your oK/ who knows mabye you being out of commission for that weekend kept you from getting run over by a dumptruck or something? everything happens for a reason!

JDM, V Street used to be the shit back in the day. And Metro wasn't bad before all the ricers showed up. There was a big scene in Frederick about 2-3 years ago, but the cops have basically shut it down. He used to race at Lilypons, Devilbiss, and a few other spots. Northern Pk-way was alright, but I never saw too many good races there. And Glenn Burnie had a pretty good scene for a few months before the cops shut it down. There are some spots out around the Airport that are still pretty good for 2 or 3 runs, but you can't hang out.

A high percentage of people wreck in normal day to day traffic than in street racing, so should we not drive our cars to work anymore?

Everybody on this forum street races in some form. Dont tell me you dont give it a little punch even to 40mph from a light next to your buddy just to give him a little ribbin cause your faster. Thats street racing. What about getting on the highway and your merging and see that other car coming so you hit the gas to beat him and get ahead of him. Thats street racing too. Never been on any road and some guys drives next to you holds you in on a 2 lane road so you can get ahead. Your gettin pissed off and as soon as a space opens up you stomp it and get ahead of him back to the open road again. Thats also street racing.

Everybody here street races, just some organized others not. Why are you modifying your car if you don't street race? It's because we like speed and the pull.

Yeah I do it for the track too, but i'll be damnd if I'm gonna let a guy in a Honda pull my ass on the highway, but do I care? Not really cause I'm not hung up on this whole Street Racing = BAD thing. It's street racing, which is better than some of the other things we all have done before.

I street race, organized and just light to light so who cares? I'm just not an idiot and do it with other cars around and drive like a moron in trafic where your endangering other people, thats where the bad name comes from. If it wasn't for movies like F&F where all kinds of guys who don't know how to drive are getting into the scene this problem would almost be non-existant.

from my experiences in street racing, most of the accidents and mishaps are caused by two things:

1) People that don't know the limits of their cars. I've seen a guy run into a dirt pile at the end of a track because he didnt want to lose. He gunned it to the last second and he didnt have enough time to brake all the way.

2) Everyone running from the cops. When cops break everything up everyone just bolts out and often run into each other.

Its alot worse now than a few years ago. The cops didnt care as much back then(at least around here), and there was less people that came, but more people that actually raced.

Originally posted by AlecW81
JDM, V Street used to be the shit back in the day. And Metro wasn't bad before all the ricers showed up. There was a big scene in Frederick about 2-3 years ago, but the cops have basically shut it down. He used to race at Lilypons, Devilbiss, and a few other spots. Northern Pk-way was alright, but I never saw too many good races there. And Glenn Burnie had a pretty good scene for a few months before the cops shut it down. There are some spots out around the Airport that are still pretty good for 2 or 3 runs, but you can't hang out.

A high percentage of people wreck in normal day to day traffic than in street racing, so should we not drive our cars to work anymore?

Exactly street racing has been around since the 60's. The problem now is every punk in their 16 second rice bucket want's to show the world how fast they are regardless of traffic weather and surroundings.

In the old days light to light battles and diving in and out of traffic was unheard of. Once again the little immature punks have made street racing a target on the police radar. and have killed a lot of innocent people in the process. Its never the hard-core V8 guys its not the hard-core import people. Its always some teenage punk trying to show his man hood to people that he will most likely never see again.

Im with JDM.
It is getting fu(kin rediculous. Its hard to just go to the fu(kin grocery store anymore without being harrased by cops because you have a nonstock exhaust, or having some dipsh1t in a geo take of at (1/10000000000000087th scale warp speed)thinking he is racing you.

Bring back the old days of all the muscle cars heading to "the point" to throw down.

That is too bad to hear about the crash. I think I would be a little upset if that happend to me. And I am sure if someone I knew personally crashed/got hurt/died from street racing I would look at it a little differently. But everyone makes there own choices and everyone should know the dangers of getting into that car and racing. Once they take off they have chosen to accept whatever outcome that is. I think a lot of people on this thread were able to say what I was TRYING to say even better than myself. The bottom line. Street racing is dangerous, but no matter how "hypacritical" we all are, we all still do it from time to time. And what is with those damn minivans??? Why is it they always think theyre hot s*it??? Oh, and about the guy that crashed around here.....i dont know what happend exactly. I was just told the story I wasnt there. I dont know why he didnt tap his breaks or anything. Just using it as an example. BadBoyR66....I live in the tricities.

Originally posted by badboyr66
ya
I still race, streetrace, and I still drive fast when I am out catting around at night on mountain roads...but it was quite the awakening to what can happen, I always said I was a good driver..and any wreck I got into I always walked away from "even the streetbike wrecks" Kinda funny the one where I left on a stretcher...I was not even driving

sorry to say this buddy, but you HAD 9 lives... Now you're probably down to 3.. Just be safe and think of what you do before you do it..
Ex: like if theres cars around, people whos in your car, etc..
Peace.. ;)

Originally posted by DSMJim
Everybody on this forum street races in some form. Dont tell me you dont give it a little punch even to 40mph from a light next to your buddy just to give him a little ribbin cause your faster. Thats street racing. What about getting on the highway and your merging and see that other car coming so you hit the gas to beat him and get ahead of him. Thats street racing too. Never been on any road and some guys drives next to you holds you in on a 2 lane road so you can get ahead. Your gettin pissed off and as soon as a space opens up you stomp it and get ahead of him back to the open road again. Thats also street racing.

Everybody here street races, just some organized others not. Why are you modifying your car if you don't street race? It's because we like speed and the pull.

Yeah I do it for the track too, but i'll be damnd if I'm gonna let a guy in a Honda pull my ass on the highway, but do I care? Not really cause I'm not hung up on this whole Street Racing = BAD thing. It's street racing, which is better than some of the other things we all have done before.

I street race, organized and just light to light so who cares? I'm just not an idiot and do it with other cars around and drive like a moron in trafic where your endangering other people, thats where the bad name comes from. If it wasn't for movies like F&F where all kinds of guys who don't know how to drive are getting into the scene this problem would almost be non-existant.

Man I couldn't have said it better.That was perfect.If anyone here says they dont street race they are bullshitting.You dont buy a DSM to do the speed limit.Give me a break here.Yeah its wrong,Yeah bad shit can happen,but you should know your limits and know when to stop.This is DSM Tuners.We dont buy fast cars to go slow,I know I dont spend all this damn money on my car to just take it to the track and get a timeslip with a bunch of numbers.I do it to be able to smoke the Stangs,TransAms,Camaros,Hondas,etc.Its the satisfaction of knowing after you beat someone on the street that they are saying''holy shit,that f'in car is fast''And when they see you around again they have respect for your car.Im not trying to endanger anyone at all.To me racing is what I love to do.I was always into it.Even watching a race is exciting to me.

Originally posted by TSiGoesPsSsSst

Man I couldn't have said it better.That was perfect.If anyone here says they dont street race they are bullshitting.You dont buy a DSM to do the speed limit.Give me a break here.Yeah its wrong,Yeah bad shit can happen,but you should know your limits and know when to stop.This is DSM Tuners.We dont buy fast cars to go slow,I know I dont spend all this damn money on my car to just take it to the track and get a timeslip with a bunch of numbers.I do it to be able to smoke the Stangs,TransAms,Camaros,Hondas,etc.Its the satisfaction of knowing after you beat someone on the street that they are saying''holy shit,that f'in car is fast''And when they see you around again they have respect for your car.Im not trying to endanger anyone at all.To me racing is what I love to do.I was always into it.Even watching a race is exciting to me.

Thank you thank you thank you.:thumb:

Originally posted by TSiGoesPsSsSst

I agree with you 100%

I'm sure EVERYONE has done it, but if you do, just be smart and make sure you are not going to hurt others or yourself..

Dont do it in a busy road during traffic time or something, thats just plain stupid...

So be safe and think/take a look around, before you do it.. ;)

I street race and all.but some ppl have to have control.like i wont race if its raining,or a curvy road,rush hour traffic,school zone,crest up ahead,stuff like that.its just these idiots that wanna race in heavy traffic with ppl around that can get hurt that ruins it 4 evrybody.we do need to bring back the 60s era "meet me at the point" racing tho.

Originally posted by bigjangin
from my experiences in street racing, most of the accidents and mishaps are caused by two things:

1) People that don't know the limits of their cars. I've seen a guy run into a dirt pile at the end of a track because he didnt want to lose. He gunned it to the last second and he didnt have enough time to brake all the way.

2) Everyone running from the cops. When cops break everything up everyone just bolts out and often run into each other.

Its alot worse now than a few years ago. The cops didnt care as much back then(at least around here), and there was less people that came, but more people that actually raced.

See that is what I think is really stupid about some street racers,the ones that dont know when to pull up.There have been many races that Ive had where the light was coming up and I even made hard stops so I wouldnt go through the light.Yet Ive raced some people that seemed like they would not pull up so I always have to be the bigger man and pull up.That scares me because it might be that one race where u be the one that pulls up yet the dumb ass you already beat decides to keep going or not pull up, causing a huge wreck hurting or killing
someone and then you are about to spend your life in jail because of that dumbass.Thats why I think the street racing laws are stupid.

And thats weird because no one has ever wrecked when they break up the races in san antonio.I mean people are in a rush but the cops usually just flash lights and everyone rolls out with no pullovers.(eventhough I was the lucky one that got pulled one time)

I can go on about stupid street racers that gives us a bad name all day.sorry for the rant

If that's in DC, I think I may even know where it's at. I used to come up from Fayetteville, NC once a month with our car club just to hang out. It got shut down about 3 years ago right?

Originally posted by JeRmZ

Ummmm .. yeah, it does! And when you kill someone or someone kills you then you'll know why!

exactly why I stoped street racing. I saw someone die in a dsm during the street races I use to go to. Its not worth my life IMO

We as a community (dsmtuners) may be much more respectful of the road and know the limits of our cars depending on the setup however 90% of the current "street racing scene" is just kids who slapped a bodykit an I/E/H setup, and some paint on there "dope ass sunfire" and then attempt to act as if there cars are fast and furious (im sorry but the fact of the matter is that movie has been the quintessential death of true street racing) or that they are in some way experts at what they are doing. They are not.

Yes, I used to street race pretty extensively and I have seen people hurt, people killed, and its not a nice thing and could have easily been prevented in 99.95% of the cases I saw.

Im sorry but I dont think street racing will ever go back to what it was and I think it should stop all together before more kids get hurt... concerned parents, angry police forces, politicians will never allow it to die down and go back because of how it has become.

I spoke with an officer who used to hang out off duty at the local race spot and he used to point out all the stupid things people would do that really got the cops pissed off (long burn outs, weaving in and out of normal traffic, bikers doing 90mph wheelies) ...stupid stupid stupid and immature.

If you act reckless you get treated as such.

I used to live in Wichita Kansas, and most peole think that the midwest doesnt have a very good street racing scene, but let me tell you it does, friday and saturday nights were the best time of the week of course, its the weekend....on a good night you would see almost 150, 200 cars on a single street, it got a little crazy but it was fun....the best part of course was running from the cops. hahaha

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back