The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IWANTADSM

Probationary Member
Oct 23, 2002
Rosemount_MN
Im in the middle of writing a persuasive speech about why people shouldnt street race and i cant find enough info to get into the time limit so i was wondering if any of you had any street racing accident (pics) and articles or stories about when street racing goes bad.. any help willl be appreciated thanks

Take a video camera out to any Saturday night event and there will be your proof. I actually love going to the street races, we sit on my buddies property, drink beer and watch ricers throw down 17 second half wit passes and almost run the crowds over. Good times I tell ya!

Originally posted by XSuROsISX
Take a video camera out to any Saturday night event and there will be your proof. I actually love going to the street races, we sit on my buddies property, drink beer and watch ricers throw down 17 second half wit passes and almost run the crowds over. Good times I tell ya!

LOL..sounds like fun man..:thumb:

Originally posted by XSuROsISX
I saw a couple of Mexicans a few weekends ago in some plastic molded pile of crap Civics arguing who won this pathetic 20 second pass they had, it almost ended in gunfire, I was hoping it would but no luck.

BWAAHAHAHA..:laugh:

Condemning Street Racing on the whole is an argument you can't win. There are places where those who would like to race legally, can't. Because there arent any tracks nearby etc. There are 3 kinds of Street Racing; the Rice Boys that attract 100s of on-lookers and run from police more than they race. The races that aren't planned i.e. you sit at a stop light and a challenger rolls up next to you. And relatively well organized small gatherings of RACERS, not 6 racers and 200 hangers-on with cars that do nothing but draw the attention and ire of Law Enforcement. If you keep it small and organized, everyone can have a good time, see who's really the best, and if kept to abandoned properties and empty country roads in the early morning hours, go home in one piece. The only thing negative thats ever happened when I've gone racing, is someone blowing a tranny, or burning a clutch. That could just as easily happen on the track.

we all race on an old airport runway thats been closed down for 10 years. its private property now, and the man that owns it has a GTO, so he loves racing just as much as the rest of us. he just makes us all sign a paper saying that we wont sue him for accidents. it beats the hell out of paying to get on the track or paying fines for racing on the streets.
but back to your question, there was a thread about 2 weeks ago about 2 crotch rockets street racing and them crashing and killing some people or something like that. you might try to find that thread.

there's a small airport near me, and i'm wondering since they never get anyone flying in or out, if they would let us "rent" it out for a BIG night of fun, probably not, but i'll ask em someday.

just not any time soon. :p

The big hurdle will probably be liability if someone blows it. Tons of "I won't sue" papers burn up real quick in court. Get a consultation with a laywer, see if he could set something up first, so you'd have the ammo when you ask.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back