The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Street Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"Do you think street racing should be allowed in a controlled environment under the view of police and medical help?"
bahahaha you are joking, right?

What kind of an idiot would say "Yeah we should allow that! Let's make it a law!".

I don't even think most of us have ever thought they should, ever. LOL

It would be illegal no matter how controlled it is, Do you know why?

It's because every street has a speedlimit. If you go above that speedlimit, You are infact breaking the law.

I am sure many people on this website have streetraced, But they do not want to get bashed, So they are also the ones saying no no no keep it on the track. Everyone has gone over the speedlimit before, No matter if you want to admit it or not.. It is the truth.

19 / Male / Hispanic or puertorican or whatever it is that I am / Not participant of any religion

That controlled enviroment is the dragstrip.

The dragstrip where I go has every monday this kind of street race event where there is no tree, you run from a roll or a stop in any gear all along the 1/4 mile. For me it can't get any better than that.

19-m-caucasian

They have controlled street racing, the race track, but i really think that they need to make a lot more tracks, that are open all the time. I love to race, but driving my dsm an hour+ to the track for bracket racing is kind of weak. But i love it regardless.
I just wish that there were more tracks taht were a lot closer.

38/Male/Caucasian/Greek Orthodox Christian

Considering that many streets don't have the surface consistency, barriers and safety equipment of a real track, I'd say no. The only place to race is at the track.

25/male/white/agnostic

They call it WRC it other countries.

F1 Monaco GP.
etc, etc.

We actually have a thing where they control an 1/8 mile strip on the roads in front of our ballpark in the city once in the summer. And we also have the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. The only vintage street race. Very cool to see. They race through a park. Hillclimbs are also very popular and anyone can do it. So yes, I'm for it.
http://www.pittsburghvintagegrandprix.com/pvgp/site/default.asp

ielaser said:
Do you think street racing should be allowed in a controlled environment under the view of police and medical help?

19/Male/Hispanic/Christian/for it...

street racing in a "controlled enviroment" sounds a lot like racing at a drag strip to me. Anyways, if those safety precautions are taken, I suppose its ok.

18 - Male- White

maybe they just want the look of trees and buildings going past them so fast they think they are going really fast......

keep it at the track, its a safe place where you are more unlikly to get hurt then if your are racing down the street in a "controlled" place.

36-male-cracker-Jack-mormon.

Not for it.

My personal feeling is that the tru spirt of street racing is a renegade heads up runwhat you brung experince. (which is why its against the law):cool:

If you want supervision "the Man" or or the "Saftey Safari" go to the track!

21/male/white-arab/muslim

I really don't understand the allure of street racing so much especially if its in a controlled enviroment. Now, for all the people who are going to jump on my back yes I DID use to street race I then GREW UP and realized it was stupid and selfish to put others lifes in danger because I couldn't control the go pedal. I know whatever I say is not going to sway the pro street race guys from doing it but honestly lets think about the question here. "Are you for street racing in a controlled enviroment?" is that not the track in all its glory. What's the difference from that and actually going to the track?? The only difference I see is having a nice place to race instead of some shit street that god knows what condition is in.

All the people that complain about driving 2+ hours to the track ill be laughing when you are in jail with no car and thousands of dollars in fines because making the trip to the track a whole day affair was just to much work.

How can some of you not be into some of this stuff? http://www.pahillclimb.org/ This can be kept safe and legal with the thrill of running on actual streets. Me and a friend were actually thinking about entering one of these hillclimbs this summer. Mmm..basically a legal tarmac rally!! Doesn't get any better. Plus the costs are usually less or the same and they provide more alternatives. Around here we have BeaveRun Motorsports Complex and that's it other than drag racing. So these other events provide other great options.

I think most people on here that have posted against this just hear "street" and think no way. But in a controlled, closed road environment other than a dedicated race track, I'm for it. Typical street racing, absolutely not!

L2RTSiAWD said:
But controlled street racing is the track. I fail to see the difference. :confused:

ROFL There is no difference.

24/M/Clevealnd - You're asking a dumb question. Why would the police and medical staff be there? Go to a track, jerkoff.

housegsx said:
This can be kept safe and legal with the thrill of running on actual streets.

Get a fast car and the track will be thrilling too. ROFL

They already have legal street racing, it even has its own show. Its called pinks. And its ###.
They make race tracks for a reason, use them.
There is a reason you shouldnt do it on a street, as previously said, cops and paramedics are taken from where there needed more. Also, street condition, tracks are preped, smooth(a good track is) and maintained.
Keep in on the track, its as simple as that.

18-Male-White-Christian-For IT: just having some fun with firends & people and not letting it get out of hand (IE: 100+ mph fly-bys and such)

The police should be out there doing their jobs already. Its just for fun and cruising with friends and getting on it a little. Not all out and such.

19/male/white/jedi

I'm all for racing on the streets legally, but you also have to understand that most people who street race do it for the adrenaline of it not being so staged.

There is no such thing as racing on the street, LEGALLY. What do you not understand? There IS a speedlimit on the streets, Once you exceed that speedlimit, You ARE doing something ILLEGAL. There is no such thing as LEGAL street racing. As soon as you go 1mph over that speed limit, You're breaking the law.

LiquidOC said:
19/male/white/jedi

I'm all for racing on the streets legally, but you also have to understand that most people who street race do it for the adrenaline of it not being so staged.

69/M&F/ Bi-curious/Veteran/Retired/Caprcorn

Like I said before, get a fast car and the track will fill you with adrenaline.

leet said:
Because everyone wants to drive 100 miles to get a combined time of maybe 1 minute on the strip.

I own an AK47, I love shooting it. I bring it to the shooting range when I can find time & money to shoot it.

I don't go out in the backyard and shoot it off because it endangers others. Very simple. You own something and you are aware of it's dangers. As a responsable human it's your job to manage it properly.

1993eclipseGS said:
There is no such thing as racing on the street, LEGALLY. What do you not understand? There IS a speedlimit on the streets, Once you exceed that speedlimit, You ARE doing something ILLEGAL. There is no such thing as LEGAL street racing. As soon as you go 1mph over that speed limit, You're breaking the law.

When the cops set it all up and the city condones it, and nobody goes home with a ticket (for any driving related offense in regards to the allowed conduct) I'd call that pretty freaking legal.

It really doesn't matter if you ARE "technically" breaking the law, as long as the cops are there and everything is cool, you're not getting in trouble, and it's still street racing. Think about it for a minute.

AW4G63 said:
Like I said before, get a fast car and the track will fill you with adrenaline.

Not everyone gets their jollies off from going to a track where a limited amount of things can happen. If everyone got their jollies off doing organized things, we wouldn't have people jumping off of buildings and such. No matter what, there is always going to be street racing without it being legal, period.

I for one, however, will keep it to the track (IF I ever fix all my issues and actually decide to see what she can do.)

22/f/white

I know that some tracks have "street racing" events. They turn off the clocks, any street driven car can run but you are still at the track where there aren't people randomly hanging out by the road 2 ft. from where the 2 cars are racing. I believe in keeping it at the track. It doesn't seem any different than going on a street somewhere with meds, police, and whoever else they need.

AW4G63 said:
I own an AK47, I love shooting it. I bring it to the shooting range when I can find time & money to shoot it.

I don't go out in the backyard and shoot it off because it endangers others. Very simple. You own something and you are aware of it's dangers. As a responsable human it's your job to manage it properly.

7.62 rounds aren't all that cheap.

I am not for street racing, I was just making the point that not everyone has the time to travel so far.

Hence why I'm waiting for them to build Riverside Motor Park here, it's a two minute drive :D

22/m/white/

I'm all for street racing, How else do you think my car runs low 11s? Half my mods were bought off money from the losers that see my taillights... I do enjoy going out to the track though, thats sort of like my dyno since Wichita KS does not have an AWD dyno..:(

Age-Sex-Race-Religion-Viewpoint(For/Against)
24-Yes, please- White/Pacific Islander-Christian Non-denomenational-For it.

Look up Operation: Street Legal. It was a military set-up event that once a month you can drag on the tarmac on the airbase.

Now, I get some street racing friends to go to a well maintained, exclusive road thats locked by key and fence. I even have law enforcement come out to monitor it. Its the best I can do to keep them off the streets with public traffic. Being that they are my friends, we are around each other alot. And my rule is, if I catch you street racing on public roads, you are no longer aloud to use it.

Out of 9 people only one has been kicked out. And he is on probation working his way back in.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back