The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

street disc clutches

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jed344

Supporting VIP
Jan 10, 2008
Waterville, Iowa
I am still on the fence here. I have a act 2600 with sprung street disc i love the clutch love the peddle pressure i feel its not heavy at all. The clutch has held great at low 400whp im at but racing at the track last week i had to make back to back passes very fast literally the car saw 8 launches in 10 min i bet and on the last launch it slipped when i hit 2nd i let off got back in it and it grabbed again. Should i upgrade to a puck or try a south bend disc i am sticking with the 2600pp i love it and will be running a ACT flywheel.

Why go south bend though? I prefer a heavier peddle myself my old cummins had a dual disc south bend and i have had quite a few cars with clutches that make this act 2600 feel like nothing to me.

I have sbc Kevlar street clutch with ssx pp and its no harder than stock. In fact I love the engagement of the clutch it smooth and consistent, launches great too. Not sure on its torque holding capacity but I know many guys on here have put more than 400 down. There is a thread going on sbc.

Ive had luck with the Comp stage 4 PP and 6 puck disk. I believe its a 2800lb PP so its a bit to push but not horrible. Im not awd so i never launched just pulls 2nd through 3rd and it never slipped.
Guesstimating whp at ~450+

Why go south bend though? I prefer a heavier peddle myself my old cummins had a dual disc south bend and i have had quite a few cars with clutches that make this act 2600 feel like nothing to me.
Because you will go through pedal assemblies like non other. My 2 cents. Do what you want.

Don't get a Kevlar disc if you do any hot lapping! You will be sorry when it slips the rest of the night!!! On the way home it held fine and never had any other problems except for hard launches at the track and it would overheat and ruin my night!

huh. I have run lots of stiff clutches. namely a 2600 and now a 2900 with a 1g slave, that makes for higher pedal effort than a 2g slave, and I'm still on my factor pedal assembly.....

8 launches in 10 min and it didn't slip till the last pass damm that clutch took some abuse ..thats a lot of heat in a short time for a disc to take.

South bend b-series disc!! I have this with a act flywheel and 2100 pp. I think this maybe the best feeling clutch setup I've used so far. :) I'm still in break-in but already this thing is grabby and I can tell its going to hold all the power I can throw at it!! No chatter at all which is real nice.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back