The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Street Bikes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98evoIIIpwr

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 29, 2005
Moreno Valley, California
WEll I got rid of my 00' GSXR 600 over the weekend. In place of it I picked up an 01' Yamaha R1.... Wow is all I can say. The difference is so damned noticeable. The R1 is not only more comfortable but much easier to ride and way more powerful. Aside from the fact that it looks a thousand times better. I have a full ART exhaust, rejetted, GPS steering dampner, lots of carbon fiber parts, Geared for higher speeds, 520 chain, and some other goodies. The bike is awesome. Anyone have any experience with these bikes? Is there anything I should know about them?:thumb:

98evoIIIpwr said:
WEll I got rid of my 00' GSXR 600 over the weekend. In place of it I picked up an 01' Yamaha R1.... Wow is all I can say. The difference is so damned noticeable. The R1 is not only more comfortable but much easier to ride and way more powerful. Aside from the fact that it looks a thousand times better. I have a full ART exhaust, rejetted, GPS steering dampner, lots of carbon fiber parts, Geared for higher speeds, 520 chain, and some other goodies. The bike is awesome. Anyone have any experience with these bikes? Is there anything I should know about them?:thumb:

Congrats on the upgrade. I always liked the bulkiness of the gsxrs better than the yamahas, but going from a 600 to a 1000, hell yea!

Geez...the thought of a 1000cc bike still scares me. Ill stick with my 600 a bit longer:p

I think it is even worse here in Arizona. One of my neighbors just got a 1300cc Hyabusa. Got the swing arm extended and lots of other cool stuff. Only talked to him about it once. Only has an 9000rpm redline but with 1300cc what do you expect. It sounds so nice though.

Yeah actually I drive to Murrieta area everyday. There is a lot of traffic and moronic people out here in So Cal.Thats why I stick to riding on the weekends and take my F-150 to work. If someone runs into me in that then theyre the ones that are going to be sorry. The bike screams though. It is a huge difference from the 600. Its geared for higher MPH so its not too bad off the start. Its still hard to keep the front wheel down though. Ill take it to the track as soon as I get ahold of riding it. Im sure I can run in the tens with it. I guess we'll have to see. :thumb:

I'm lookin for a new scooter myself. I have a 97' ZX7R but it's time to upgrade again for something with fuel injection, less weight (447lbs dry), more horsepower (108rwhp) and no hydraulic clutch.

WarpathDSM said:
I'm lookin for a new scooter myself. I have a 97' ZX7R but it's time to upgrade again for something with fuel injection, less weight (447lbs dry), more horsepower (108rwhp) and no hydraulic clutch.

The first bike I can think of that will fit most of that bill is a Ducati. The 999 is 410#, 140hp and the 746 is 415#/108hp. But even though they have a dry clutch, it is hydraulically assisted.

Post some pics up of your bike. I want to get a bike in the next couple of years, it will prob be a 600cc of some sort r-6 or gsxr. Congrats on that though.

Yeah I gotta get some pics up. I havent even taken any yet on the digital camera. All the pics I have are from disposables. Ill post some up as soon as I get them.

The only thing to look out for on the R1 is headshake. You've got the steering damper. Go have fun. :cool:

The R1 is alot more street oriented then the gsxr as far as ergonomics.

Ive had the opportunity to ride both actually. To me at least (being ubias of course) the R1 was a lot more comfortable. The position and placement of the bars was 2nd to none IMO.

Yeah, It's alot more made for cruising and street riding. Gsxr's always seemed to have that highknee position track feel.

There's nothing sexier then a 00ish R1. Now they look all crazy like some kind of insect.

98evoIIIpwr said:

Welcome to the Yamaha family.
We don't have the #1 motogp bike for nothing!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I buddy of mine has a R1, it is ridiculus, a couple other friends of mine have a Ninja and something else i forget. They are insane on their bikes; catwalks for ever, standing up on their seat, etc etc. its fun to watch them. Nice grab :thumb:

WarpathDSM said:

Triumph Daytona 675. Very light.

my friends first bike was a gsxr 1000. He wouldnt get a 600 because it wasnt powerful enough (is he retarded? I think so)

He wouldnt listen to me.

The first day he got it he laid it down and almost got ran over my buddies talon tsi who was following him.

Yeah people dont understand the amount of power these bikes have. It can definetly get away from you if you dont pay attention. The 01 is rated at 150hp and weighs about 385lbs. I have some pretty extensive work done to mine. I am assuming somewhere around 165 to the wheels. I will soon find out as I am getting new cams and getting it retuned.

BTW im a moron and wrote unbias wrong up there ^^^^^ my bad.

Didnt take AP English for no reason. Although I hardly follow by rules. :talon:

A good friend of mine just picked up 1000rr cbr, man or those bikes crazy. The bike had 129 miles 2004, bought it from another friend of mine 7500.00, not a bad deal. The bike came with a twinbrothers exhaust, and a electronic afc hidden underneath the seat. I will post some pics you guys and gals have to see this bike.

Oh yeah the bike put down 181hp to the rear wheel, will try and get the slip soon!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back